U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 10:28 PM

4,174 posts, read 3,475,148 times

Advertisements

smgdh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2018, 08:26 AM

1,063 posts, read 326,504 times
How about if they focus on known trouble makers and take a page out of "The Wire" ( The RIGHT pages) and start gathering intelligence on the "who's who" of street thugs and get school violence in check?

Anything else is just lip service.

Old 06-29-2018, 09:33 AM

2,686 posts, read 3,583,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaMan View Post
How about if they focus on known trouble makers and take a page out of "The Wire" ( The RIGHT pages) and start gathering intelligence on the "who's who" of street thugs and get school violence in check?

The far-left already has begun targeting the NYPD for doing gang arrests/sweeps as being "racist" and "over-policing". Same with having cops in schools.

Old 06-29-2018, 09:35 AM

1,978 posts, read 1,244,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaMan View Post

If you watch the wire, you would know the symptoms are far bigger than the police. When one gang goes down another one replaces it.

Old 06-29-2018, 09:43 AM

23,285 posts, read 16,141,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
The far-left already has begun targeting the NYPD for doing gang arrests/sweeps as being "racist" and "over-policing". Same with having cops in schools.
Violent gangsters are UNDER policed. I would say it terms of taking down violent gangsters and those who terrorize minority neighborhoods, these neighborhoods are UNDER policed. In terms of the police imprisoning minority kids for drug possession, the Black community is indeed OVERPOLICED. White people are not locked up en masse for drug possession, and mass incarceration for simple possession gives users records that end up forcing them to turn to either crime or welfare.

However policing alone can't fix this, the true thing is more broadly people need the opportunity to earn a decent living. I agree with Seventh on that, for reasons I already explained.

Old 06-29-2018, 09:44 AM

19,322 posts, read 32,821,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
However policing alone can't fix this, the true thing is more broadly people need the opportunity to earn a decent living. I agree with Seventh on that, for reasons I already explained.
He's gonna vote for me ya'll

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-29-2018, 10:00 AM

499 posts, read 369,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Violent gangsters are UNDER policed. I would say it terms of taking down violent gangsters and those who terrorize minority neighborhoods, these neighborhoods are UNDER policed. In terms of the police imprisoning minority kids for drug possession, the Black community is indeed OVERPOLICED. White people are not locked up en masse for drug possession, and mass incarceration for simple possession gives users records that end up forcing them to turn to either crime or welfare.

agreed.

there arent enough liveable wage paying jobs in NYC. even for the people that are educated and have skills, let alone for the lowlives in these videos.

And it will only get worse as automation continues.

I do think we are heading toward an era where UBI will need to be implemented. Too many people that DO do everything right and still can't afford a decent life.

Old 06-29-2018, 10:05 AM

7,594 posts, read 2,724,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I'm lying?
I'm just laughing at your full belly comment and picturing myself with one. I'd say you're a bit too hopeful. People are greedy, so no people won't be satisfied just having their belly full.

Old 06-29-2018, 10:06 AM

19,322 posts, read 32,821,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
I'm just laughing at your full belly comment and picturing myself with one. I'd say you're a bit too hopeful. People are greedy, so no people won't be satisfied just having their belly full.
You'll be too full to move FaM

I've had Thanksgivings like That.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-29-2018, 10:30 AM

3,075 posts, read 6,149,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodel View Post
The murder rate in the 79th precinct (Bed-Stuy) went up 300% during that time period

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/nypd/dow...-us-079pct.pdf

Will that have an impact on gentrification there? Someone should start a thread...
79 includes Tompkins, Marcy, Sumner, Roosevelt Houses. I'm from Tompkins! I've been in the 79 a few times in my childhood........PS 23 school tour, though! (LOL!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or