U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2018, 02:25 PM

597 posts, read 194,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybklyn View Post
They want to make sure Bronx remain as Bronx, that's all. They want a place at least they can call it a home, even though crime still exist. I guess everyone has a different definition of what a home is.
Thatís called normalization. Itís a never ending cycle, rarely do people do better because they donít know better.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2018, 02:27 PM

428 posts, read 152,309 times
What does "repping hard" mean? rofl

Does granny roll on dubs and hit people with her oxygen tank or something?

Old 06-28-2018, 03:54 PM

23,247 posts, read 16,049,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadeonHD4250 View Post
Which is sickening.

I was in Belfast for work two weeks ago (before knowing the true history of it). I was also in Dublin for a little while at a client office, and some of the people (I assumed in a joking manner) said Belfast was a dump, trash, A GHETTO. The same manner New Yorkers refer the Bronx as. Being an outsider, I didn't really see it, but after I got a backstory, I learned it wasn't a "joke". It reminded me of the Bronx, in the sense of the negative stigma that comes with the territory that seems to never go away; however, Belfast has been improving. Lots of rebranding, remodeling, restructuring, a lot of "re" going on. That's what the Bronx needs, but at the snails pace it is going, we won't see much anytime soon. There's little sprinkles here and there, but not enough to be considered true damage control.

I would love for the Bronx to "clap back," but most of the residents just don't give a **** about where they live, which is truly sad. Those are the people that need to GO. Capital G. Capital O. GO.
Go where? Who is going to be happy to have all those poor people dumped on them at once? Besides, the Bronx is being used as a dumping ground by the city. Poor people are increasingly pushed out of Manhattan, Queens, and much of Brooklyn to the Bronx.

Old 06-28-2018, 04:37 PM

95 posts, read 35,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
If s/he doesnt come back to have a civil conversation with me, I'm just going to have to assume s/he was trolling and give the infraction. Otherwise what am I supposed to make of that comment. They have until midnight.
I just made the point that when there's some awful violent crime in NYC, it tends to be a person of color doing it. That's my perception of it. Maybe I'm wrong.

For what it's worth, when I just heard about the Maryland newspaper office shooting I said to myself, bet it's a white guy. Checked the article, and I was right.

I'm not making blanket statements about race, just the types of crimes, where they happen, and logical statements like "if someone committed a certain crime in a certain city, then they're probably X". A vastly different statement from, "if someone is X, than they probably commited a certain crime", which I certainly don't believe.

Old 06-28-2018, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riact View Post
I just made the point that when there's some awful violent crime in NYC, it tends to be a person of color doing it. That's my perception of it. Maybe I'm wrong.

For what it's worth, when I just heard about the Maryland newspaper office shooting I said to myself, bet it's a white guy. Checked the article, and I was right.

I'm not making blanket statements about race, just the types of crimes, where they happen, and logical statements like "if someone committed a certain crime in a certain city, then they're probably X". A vastly different statement from, "if someone is X, than they probably commited a certain crime", which I certainly don't believe.
The Italian mafia and other organized crime like the Russian mafia exists in NYC, and they have committed terrible crimes. So why do people like you INSIST all NYC crime is people of color? Why do you think it's okay to attack people like that? Do you get off on bashing other people?

Because saying all NYC criminals are people of color is very close to saying all people of color in NYC are criminals, and criminalizing an entire population is also dehumanizing.

It's basically saying people of color aren't people, they are "savages" or whatever other derogatory terms racists deliberately use.

Old 06-28-2018, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riact View Post

SeventhFloor is obviously the moderator. So do you think it is a cool thing to make attacks about the race of someone who is just doing their job (having to read through the posts of all these people on this forum)? You are aware that Black people have minds and feelings don't you?

Old 06-28-2018, 04:58 PM

7,548 posts, read 2,685,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
The Italian mafia and other organized crime like the Russian mafia exists in NYC, and they have committed terrible crimes. So why do people like you INSIST all NYC crime is people of color? Why do you think it's okay to attack people like that? Do you get off on bashing other people?

Because saying all NYC criminals are people of color is very close to saying all people of color in NYC are criminals, and criminalizing an entire population is also dehumanizing.

It's basically saying people of color aren't people, they are "savages" or whatever other derogatory terms racists deliberately use.
Oh spare us with your fake outrage. The poster clarified themselves about their comments.

Old 06-28-2018, 04:58 PM

19 posts, read 6,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post

Oh stop trying to compare this to the mafia, there is a problem in these communities and you know it. These animals are giving all the good people of color a bad name so stop trying to make excuses for them. ĎThe Knockout Gameí give me a frigging break. I donít see any of the evil gentrifiers carrying weapons, slashing people or robbing bodegas, yet everyone is so outraged at the mere existence of hipsters in the hood, maybe yíall are the racists ever think of that?

Old 06-28-2018, 05:06 PM

1,975 posts, read 1,234,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Gut Job View Post
These animals are giving all the good people of color a bad name so stop trying to make excuses for them.
WTF? How about you stop given white people a bad name.

Old 06-28-2018, 05:06 PM

1,780 posts, read 754,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeadviser View Post
^^^^^ This is getting good...
Sit back and grab your popcorn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or