U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2018, 08:53 AM

7,548 posts, read 2,688,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Itís never okay to murder people, and itís againdt the law to kill people period. So Italians are very relevant and you should be ashamed of yourself for defending any kind of crime or criminal act.

The mafia was involved in various kind of organized crime and often shook up small businesses and others for money. Getting in their bad side could leave you beaten or dead.

So Italians and other whites like Russians do need to be brought into this, because violence is violence and crime is crime and if you are against these things you should condemn them in all people and not just attack Blacks and Latinos.
Wait a minute. Since when did a topic about a guy getting knocked out cold by two thugs bring about talking about the mafia??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2018, 10:10 AM

23,247 posts, read 16,056,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Wait a minute. Since when did a topic about a guy getting knocked out cold by two thugs bring about talking about the mafia??
Since certain people here try to false claim all murders in the city are and have always been people of color.

And we know that's not true.

The city has long had issues with various types of crime, including organized crime.

Old 06-29-2018, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Since certain people here try to false claim all murders in the city are and have always been people of color.

And we know that's not true.

The city has long had issues with various types of crime, including organized crime.
The person that made the comment is right. This happened in the hood so who else would it be other than a Hispanic or black person? The white population (and Asian population) for that matter is next to nil there, so the likelihood of it being a Hispanic person or a black person is pretty high given the demographics of the neighborhood. It is also no secret that black and Hispanic people commit crimes at a high rate that is not in proportion with their population size, so I'm not sure what you're complaining about. No, not all murders are done by people of color, but a good portion of them are, and the stats are there to prove it. I think we all need to be honest here and stop with all of the sugarcoating. Whites need to stop painting Hispanics and blacks are as all murderers and thugs, and black and Hispanic people have to start looking at their own communities and taking responsibility instead of getting angry, pointing fingers and making excuses. Come up with solutions to these problems and we'd all be better off.

Something that irritates me is seeing white people constantly being fidgety around people of color, no matter how they carry themselves or how they are dressed. Like really, not every black of Hispanic person is going to rob you. I hate when people act so damn fragile and sheltered. Either the women (black, white, Hispanic and so on) are clutching their purse and readjusting everything, or the men (mainly whites) have to somehow fidget. Half of these people wouldn't be able to do anything if they were robbed anyway, so it's so stupid to "adjust" your belongings when you see someone who is a minority on the street. It seems to be more pronounced with all of these transplants moving here. This is less of an issue in the outer boroughs.

Old 06-29-2018, 11:01 AM

1,978 posts, read 1,235,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
The person that made the comment is right. This happened in the hood so who else would it be other than a Hispanic or black person? The white population (and Asian population) for that matter is next to nil there, so the likelihood of it being a Hispanic person or a black person is pretty high given the demographics of the neighborhood. It is also no secret that black and Hispanic people commit crimes at a high rate that is not in proportion with their population size, so I'm not sure what you're complaining about. No, not all murders are done by people of color, but a good portion of them are, and the stats are there to prove it. I think we all need to be honest here and stop with all of the sugarcoating. Whites need to stop painting Hispanics and blacks are as all murderers and thugs, and black and Hispanic people have to start looking at their own communities and taking responsibility instead of getting angry, pointing fingers and making excuses. Come up with solutions to these problems and we'd all be better off.
You would take exception if every time any news about italian created a thread where random people who have never had any association with italians hurled common italian tropes and stereotypes.

Old 06-29-2018, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer23 View Post
You would take exception if every time any news about italian created a thread where random people who have never had any association with italians hurled common italian tropes and stereotypes.
I haven't seen this done though. The person who made the comment in all fairness made it based on the demographics of the area and stated that they've made similar comments about other demographics.

Old 06-29-2018, 12:02 PM

14,933 posts, read 16,527,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riact View Post
It means what you think it means. I'm just never surprised anymore by a suspect's race in any crime. And, it works both ways...whenever I hear about some nasty bizarre crime happening out in 'MURICA (which, by the way, New York City is not part of), I always say to myself, "let me guess...white people did this", and I'm usually right.
So you are saying that you are able to determine that in neighborhoods with mostly black people, black people commit the most crime, and that neighborhoods with mostly white people, white people commit the most crime.

Damn, I think there is a spot at the FBI academy for you, Sherlock!

Old 06-29-2018, 12:31 PM

9,893 posts, read 7,681,611 times
Was the victim Italian mafia?

Old 06-29-2018, 12:33 PM

Perhaps the Italian mafia hired the kid to knock the other guy out over an unpaid debt? Maybe this was just a message.

Old 06-29-2018, 12:40 PM

I think the Russian mob hacked into the perps brain, and programmed him to knock random people out.

Old 06-29-2018, 12:41 PM

3,206 posts, read 1,100,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
50 years bro.

Yes, not the entire Bronx, and yes, we can list the good and bad parts. When ppl say the Bx in general they're not referring to Schyulerville and the like....

But the Bronx been like this for 50 years now
Disagree. Areas are much better. There has been a rash of violence recently indeed. But I vote with my feet and own a house here and I feel fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or