Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 12:17 PM

34,082 posts, read 47,278,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Got nothing to do with the skin color, it's a matter of poverty and education. You get the same problems where you find white yokels living in trailers
Nahh hold up I got this. Waiting for the poster to respond to my question.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2018, 12:27 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,081,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
What does this mean?
Dark and brown people in NYC be violent??

Old 06-28-2018, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Dark and brown people in NYC be violent??
I'm waiting for them to respond. I got this FaM

Old 06-28-2018, 12:38 PM

82 posts, read 62,970 times
^^^^^ This is getting good...

Old 06-28-2018, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeadviser View Post
^^^^^ This is getting good...
If s/he doesnt come back to have a civil conversation with me, I'm just going to have to assume s/he was trolling and give the infraction. Otherwise what am I supposed to make of that comment. They have until midnight.

Old 06-28-2018, 12:51 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,081,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
If s/he doesnt come back to have a civil conversation with me, I'm just going to have to assume s/he was trolling and give the infraction. Otherwise what am I supposed to make of that comment. They have until midnight.
oh ****... Get'em boy!

You need back-up..

Old 06-28-2018, 12:54 PM

965 posts, read 1,113,919 times
Another Pierre masterpiece.

On to 100+ posts, boys!

Old 06-28-2018, 12:56 PM

3,403 posts, read 3,574,903 times
They want to make sure Bronx remain as Bronx, that's all. They want a place at least they can call it a home, even though crime still exist. I guess everyone has a different definition of what a home is.

Old 06-28-2018, 01:10 PM

965 posts, read 1,113,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybklyn View Post
They want to make sure Bronx remain as Bronx, that's all. They want a place at least they can call it a home, even though crime still exist. I guess everyone has a different definition of what a home is.
Which is sickening.

I was in Belfast for work two weeks ago (before knowing the true history of it). I was also in Dublin for a little while at a client office, and some of the people (I assumed in a joking manner) said Belfast was a dump, trash, A GHETTO. The same manner New Yorkers refer the Bronx as. Being an outsider, I didn't really see it, but after I got a backstory, I learned it wasn't a "joke". It reminded me of the Bronx, in the sense of the negative stigma that comes with the territory that seems to never go away; however, Belfast has been improving. Lots of rebranding, remodeling, restructuring, a lot of "re" going on. That's what the Bronx needs, but at the snails pace it is going, we won't see much anytime soon. There's little sprinkles here and there, but not enough to be considered true damage control.

I would love for the Bronx to "clap back," but most of the residents just don't give a **** about where they live, which is truly sad. Those are the people that need to GO. Capital G. Capital O. GO.

Old 06-28-2018, 01:13 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,288,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadeonHD4250 View Post
Another Pierre masterpiece.

On to 100+ posts, boys!
I saw the video this morning and was amazed. I mean the guys gets knocked out cold, his head hits the pavement and these guys are sitting here laughing and taking photos. It isn't the fact that the guy was robbed that was disturbing because that obviously happens a lot in the Bronx, but the sheer callousness of it all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: