U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 01:14 PM

97 posts, read 105,088 times

Advertisements

I think you should sincerely apologize for whatever you did to this lady and let her know you need 30 days, and give her 30 days in advance for rent and move out in 30 days. Talk to her in person and write out a contract if she is willing to let you stay for an additional 30 days with the date that you promise to vacate her premises.

Do not be passive aggressive and communicate through emails. Let her know in person that you are in dire straits.

Your moving in was not technically on the books, so she may have an advantage over you. If she is not in agreement, you need to move out before she changes the locks and calls the police. If you need further shelter, call 311 and head to the shelter and lock up your items in storage facility.

Old 07-01-2018, 01:31 PM

8,056 posts, read 8,568,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
What the hell does this have to do with New York FaM

This can happen anywhere
While this can happen and does happen everywhere, it's a very reasonable question to post in the NYC forum.

Tenancy laws vary widely, depending on location. The eviction process is different too. Posting this on the general moving forum will result in incorrect information since the rest of the US follows a different drummer.

No, she cannot evict you with 4 hours of notice. Hopefully, you still have your mail that is older than 30 days to prove that you have lived in her apartment longer than 30 days.

Old 07-01-2018, 01:35 PM

5,634 posts, read 2,271,035 times
She can't but you're in a bad situation so get to hell out as quick as you can. Go live in your car or something.

Old 07-01-2018, 03:48 PM

6,336 posts, read 5,822,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakanda18 View Post
If he doesnít have a friends house he could crash on temporarily or a family member, he needs to get new friends or work on his character

This is why you donít move in with spouses unless you are married
This is a mute point. Could've Should've Would've....doesn't apply. He can't turn back time. He needs help with the situation. Going fwd he can apply that but this is a here and now situation.

Old 07-01-2018, 03:50 PM

6,336 posts, read 5,822,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
She can't but you're in a bad situation so get to hell out as quick as you can. Go live in your car or something.
Where they H#ll do you live? Cause in NYC, Most do not have cars. Especially someone like the op in a bad financial situation. Come on Bro....

Old 07-01-2018, 04:25 PM

1,061 posts, read 393,620 times
I will take my chances hiding my valuables in a hiding spot and sleeping in the forest in Cunningham park over resting my head in the same apartment as a hostile Woman.

Mother nature is more predictable than an emotional Woman.

I know places in Queens where literally all you have to watch out for are animals.

Rabies vaccine is $500.
Again - a False DV charge is life altering. No shot in the arm will fix it.

Old 07-01-2018, 04:37 PM

8,010 posts, read 5,227,627 times
You need to lay the pipe right...

Old 07-01-2018, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
You need to lay the pipe right...
Way past that point now.

Old 07-01-2018, 05:09 PM

5,678 posts, read 5,900,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notwerby2 View Post
She had wanted me to move in with her for years so in January when i had an issue with my housing i brought my stuff to her place and i've been living here since. Both her and i have our issues, i thought with time we could work on them but it didn't happen. I had resisted moving in with her for the longest time, and i think finally doing it may have been the kiss of death for our relationship.

Anyway, i am not here looking for relationship advice, what i looking for is information as far as what my rights are as a tenant. I am in agreement that our relationship isn't working and i told her i will start looking for a place right away and i'll move out in a few days. she, on the other hand demanded i move out "today by 7pm." (it was around noon when i got that email from her. I sent her a few emails all explaining that i dont want to fight and i am not trying to lollygag through the apartment searching process so i can stay here longer, that i really just need a few days. She was yelling and screaming, (to give you an idea of her state of mind during this ordeal) that she doesn't care she wants me gone.
(i'm sure some of you who read this will be thinking at this point that i'm abusive or did something else extreme to warrant her reaction.) I assure you that nothing new has happened between us aside from the things that were already gradually pushing us apart. I told her i have nowhere to go, and i cant just leave and be on the street looking for a place to stay. My finances arent that great right now so i cant afford a hotel and i have no family or friends i can stay with.

Here are the questions: Does she have the right to kick me out like that with half a days notice, if i've been living here for over 4 months, paying towards rent, i have a key, and ive been getting mail here.

If she asks me to leave and i refuse, can she call the cops, or will they just tell her theres nothing she can do?

Assuming the answers to the first two questions are no, If i go out to the store and come back and theres an additional lock on one of the doors preventing me from getting in, what can i do? Am i able to call the cops to get let back in?
I was in a similar situation once. Unfortunately, you have rights. I decided to let the sob live rent free for two month. Thankfully, his broke pathetic butt left. I was nice. Most woman are not like me. If you can not pay for a hotel, how will you pay for an apartment? You can get a room. You probably moved in because of your finances. She is disappointed. I guess that is her fault for believing in the fantasy. Hopefully, she is not spiteful. Living with someone who HATES you is unsafe.

Old 07-01-2018, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlife36 View Post
I was in a similar situation once. Unfortunately, you have rights. I decided to let the sob live rent free for two month. Thankfully, his broke pathetic butt left. I was nice. Most woman are not like me. If you can not pay for a hotel, how will you pay for an apartment? You can get a room. You probably moved in because of your finances. She is disappointed. I guess that is her fault for believing in the fantasy. Hopefully, she is not spiteful. Living with someone who HATES you is unsafe.
He has no rights.

She can smash her head into the desk and say he hit her with a heavy object. Police will be forced to remove him from the premises.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or