U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 10:16 PM

24,062 posts, read 17,474,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaMan View Post
OP respond.

It's been 48 hours.

Are you in jail???
With all of the hostile, judgmental, and asinine comments he may never post again. All people had to do is answer his question, is he within his legal rights. Though part of it is his fault, he did give out too much information. This is not a relationship advise forum. He should have simply asked can he kicked out the same day legally. The answer to that is no.

Old 07-02-2018, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakanda18 View Post
You all saying otherwise are in la la world. And risking this man and woman safety. We know nothing about their situation but if someone is telling you to leave out their home immediately and not being reasonable about it in the first place, there are issues we donít know about. People snap, that is a possibility. In my opinion, itís not worth it to take that risk. You are sleeping, eating, living in the same close quarters as someone who despises you. Fights and arguments can break out daily.

We just donít know so getting out as soon as possible is his best bet to walk out the situation with little damage
That would mean anyone can throw anyone on the street just because they have a bad mood. You wonít survive if you canít stand up for yourself.

He did the right thing in asking her for more time until he can realistically move,

Old 07-02-2018, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by safina1 View Post
Omg! I keep coming to this thread to see what the OP has been up to. No word from him so far. I am actually with the people who advise you to leave now. For various reasons it is better to leave. Can you try an airbnb for a couple of weeks until you find a place?
Why would he use money on Airbnb that could be used to rent a new room? If he had that kind of money, heíd best spend it on a new place.

It does take some time to find a new place and obviously when he finds one he will move.

Old 07-03-2018, 01:05 AM

581 posts, read 585,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Why would he use money on Airbnb that could be used to rent a new room? If he had that kind of money, heíd best spend it on a new place.

It does take some time to find a new place and obviously when he finds one he will move.
He is not really welcomed where he is. This is very awkward.

I only suggested Airbnb as a temp solution that would give him some time to think about what he wants to do next and peace of mind so he could find a suitable place.

Old 07-03-2018, 01:59 AM

Quote:
He is not really welcomed where he is. This is very awkward.

I only suggested Airbnb as a temp solution that would give him some time to think about what he wants to do next and peace of mind so he could find a suitable place.
Airbnb eats up money that can be used to rent another room.

Two weeks in an Airbnb is at least a month or so in room rent money and depending on the location, maybe two or more months.

The OP said he is looking for a new place. He just needed time to find one.

He wasnít even asking for a month notice (which would be more than fair). Just a few days or a week to give him some time to find a new room. Going to into an Airbnb is a waste of his time and money.

Old 07-03-2018, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Airbnb eats up money that can be used to rent another room.

Two weeks in an Airbnb is at least a month or so in room rent money and depending on the location, maybe two or more months.

The OP said he is looking for a new place. He just needed time to find one.

He wasnít even asking for a month notice (which would be more than fair). Just a few days or a week to give him some time to find a new room. Going to into an Airbnb is a waste of his time and money.
I disagree that airbnb would be a waste of time and money. I would rather pay a little extra money just to avoid the expected heated arguments and possible fighting if she is really that crazy. I have found rooms for reasonable prices in some areas in Brooklyn and Queens on airbnb.

but anyway, we can talk all day long, at the end of the day, it is his decision to make. We haven't really heard from him and we don't know what he ended up doing. I have a feeling he hasn't moved out yet but I could be wrong.

Old 07-03-2018, 08:27 AM

Quote:
I disagree that airbnb would be a waste of time and money. I would rather pay a little extra money just to avoid the expected heated arguments and possible fighting if she is really that crazy. I have found rooms for reasonable prices in some areas in Brooklyn and Queens on airbnb.

but anyway, we can talk all day long, at the end of the day, it is his decision to make. We haven't really heard from him and we don't know what he ended up doing. I have a feeling he hasn't moved out yet but I could be wrong.
Bingo. I have a feeling that he and his girlfriend have a break up to make up deal, and they are back together.

You can't always take people seriously with relationship drama.

Old 07-03-2018, 08:29 AM

21,408 posts, read 28,202,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynpad View Post
LMAO War of the Roses.

Warning: Don't hang from the chandelier.

Old 07-03-2018, 08:50 AM

21,408 posts, read 28,202,478 times
The real mystery is why do any men waste their precious few moments on earth dealing with WOMEN? As Sheldon Cooper's mailman said "Bytches be Crazy."

Old 07-03-2018, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Bingo. I have a feeling that he and his girlfriend have a break up to make up deal, and they are back together.

You can't always take people seriously with relationship drama.
LOL this is so true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or