U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 11:59 AM

6,978 posts, read 4,562,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
What's troubling is you see all of the fat obese women showing everything that they shouldn't be showing. No you did-ent. LOL
Big mamas with side rolls, backtiddays, and armpit tiddays... no bueno!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2018, 12:18 PM

1,114 posts, read 463,902 times
Quote:
What's troubling is you see all of the fat obese women showing everything that they shouldn't be showing. No you did-ent. LOL
It's weather like this that makes it hard for me to hide the WTF expression off my face.

Old 07-02-2018, 12:31 PM

1,063 posts, read 335,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Doesn't that BURN?
Does a friend gargling with vodka work as well?
Not anymore. Eventually the skin gets used to it. Just don't use more than 2x a day otherwise it dries the skin out.

Also note that hair is the enemy in general. When I shave my armpits I rarely need to use regular strength deodorant. It is the bacteria causing the smell not the sweat. The alcohol kills the bacteria and therefore eliminates the smell and removes some of the dead skin which also contributes to odor.

Old 07-02-2018, 01:17 PM

3,356 posts, read 3,169,480 times
Quote:

Speaking of that, this morning I was sandwiched between two big sweaty ladies on the subway car, leaving me 0.6 of a seat space to rest my tired legs...and the train happened to jerk each time it started/stopped so I was squeezed left-right all the way to the last stop...life in NY is full of experiences...

Old 07-02-2018, 01:55 PM

1,139 posts, read 1,388,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javawood View Post
This is death, I like NY fall and winter. You can always put more layers on, but you can only take so many off. This is my "I'm not leaving my apartment" weather.

Exactly. At least in the winter you can prepare for the cold and then when you get to your destination you can take things off to be comfortable. This **** just turns you in a wet mess and there's no escaping it. Extreme heat is infinitely worse than extreme cold. This hot humid weather just sucks all the life and energy out of you especially if you work outdoors. Nothing good about it.

Old 07-02-2018, 02:01 PM

20,494 posts, read 22,050,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMan2k5 View Post
Exactly. At least in the winter you can prepare for the cold and then when you get to your destination you can take things off to be comfortable. This **** just turns you in a wet mess and there's no escaping it. Extreme heat is infinitely worse than extreme cold. This hot humid weather just sucks all the life and energy out of you especially if you work outdoors. Nothing good about it.
Yea, I just don't understand people who prefer this heat to the winter. You can prep for winter pretty easily. You can add and shed layers as you see fit and there's a lot of recent clothing material that's lightweight and warm.

What are you supposed to do in this heat when you're outside? Start shedding some skin and flesh?

Old 07-02-2018, 02:04 PM

6,978 posts, read 4,562,643 times
I don't have an official dress work to work so i can wear what i want.

For this weather, it's shorts and a tee-shirt.

Old 07-02-2018, 02:09 PM

7,564 posts, read 2,811,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
It's weather like this that makes it hard for me to hide the WTF expression off my face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Big mamas with side rolls, backtiddays, and armpit tiddays... no bueno!
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
Speaking of that, this morning I was sandwiched between two big sweaty ladies on the subway car, leaving me 0.6 of a seat space to rest my tired legs...and the train happened to jerk each time it started/stopped so I was squeezed left-right all the way to the last stop...life in NY is full of experiences...
I was on the subway this morning in fact. This heavy set lady gets on with all of her skin exposed. She's as red as can be and incredibly fair skinned. I'm thinking first off, where's your sun screen, and second, we don't need to see all of this exposed. Not appealing to see that early in the morning when I haven't eaten yet.

Then there was this dude that had to easily be over 300 pounds. He had on a friggin' suit! I was sweating just looking at him. At least he was covered up though, but still. I was wondering where he got that suit at because I don't think I've ever seen one that big before and it looked too cheesy to be custom made. lol He had to make almost two of me.

Old 07-02-2018, 02:14 PM

3,356 posts, read 3,169,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
I don't have an official dress work to work so i can wear what i want.

For this weather, it's shorts and a tee-shirt.

There are some modern AC-ed summer overalls that will hit the market soon. These overalls run on batteries to provide cooling insulation and as well as protection from sun/UV damage when you are out. Once you get indoors, you can take them off and charge them.

Wearing shorts/tees in NYC is extremely unhealthy because you are exposed to both the damaging sun and all sorts of pollutants in the air that can cause various unwanted health issues (including impotency if that is relevant to your QOL...).

Old 07-02-2018, 02:23 PM

4,610 posts, read 2,369,752 times
I cannot fathom what the 33rd St PATH station is like when it’s this hot outside. It’s like an oven even when it’s 85 outside.

Any of you guys out there been using that station this past couple of days? Tell us your experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City