U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 08:38 AM

878 posts, read 535,212 times

Advertisements

I'm more concerned with how these people seem to not care. No sooner I hit "submit order" I'm looking out the damn window for a drone delivering my sh*t!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2018, 08:41 AM

11,818 posts, read 7,691,265 times
Could be delivery mistake or scammers shopping with their account and have not got access to the building yet. Very easy to hack someone's acct and order a bunch of stuff then swing by and take them.

Old 07-10-2018, 09:47 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,086,754 times
I see it in my building for whomever seems to live on the top floor. I also noted how my friend does this in Harlem. I'm just thinking how the heck my friend doesn't loose his stuff as he lives in a rather mediocre part of Harlem off of Lenox.

Old 07-10-2018, 09:47 AM

1,781 posts, read 754,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Only time I move a package is if Amazon or whoever leaves things in the outer vestibule just off the street. Anyone could reach in and grab, so will move into lobby for protection.
You're a sweetheart! That's nice of you.

Old 07-10-2018, 09:51 AM

1,781 posts, read 754,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
People need to start getting package lockers in their buildings.

We got some last year and they're great

The Post Office will supply them to your building for free

How it works is the mailperson puts the package in the package locker, and the key to your locker in your mailbox

You come home and use the key in the mailbox to get ur package

Between that and Amazon Locker, nobody should be missing packages anymore.
Wow. That's great! Never heard of those.
That way, you don't even need to make the trek to an Amazon Locker or worry about store hours.
I wish more buildings will get them.
You're lucky!

Old 07-10-2018, 09:53 AM

19,086 posts, read 32,655,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
My building was supposed to get a virtual doorman for such things. Can FedEx and UPS also leave packages in those "lockers"? I've seen them in other buildings and that appears to be the case, but that may vary on a case-by-case basis.
Only USPS has the key to open ur mailbox to leave the package locker key in.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 07-10-2018, 10:27 AM

7,548 posts, read 2,685,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Only USPS has the key to open ur mailbox to leave the package locker key in.
Interesting. Some buildings have "boxes" for FedEx and UPS packages. I'm guessing people pay for those though.

Old 07-10-2018, 01:52 PM

117 posts, read 82,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrypothead View Post
In my building, periodically our super will bring any package sitting in the lobby directly up to the unitís door and leave them there, so nothing sits for too long in the lobby.
Picturing my lazy ass super doing this gave me a hearty chuckle. We can barely get him to do his actual job.

Old 07-10-2018, 01:53 PM

117 posts, read 82,862 times
I'm at war with Fedex right now...I ordered 90 lbs of cat litter and they left it in the lobby. I did not order this online for them to leave it in the lobby. They need to do their job and bring it to the door.

Old 07-10-2018, 03:33 PM

8,218 posts, read 8,495,554 times
TO THE TENANTS:

As you know, we have daily deliveries of packages, but recently packages are often left for days or even weeks, especially now during summer when many residents are on vacation. Apart from the fact that this makes our lobby look untidy, there is a concern that this may encourage possible theft.

With this in mind, in the future any package not picked up within two days will be stowed away, locked up in the basement for safety.

Thank you for your cooperation.

THE MANAGEMENT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or