U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 07:53 PM

2 posts, read 6,148 times

Advertisements

the e mail also stats to bring documents for score as well. i dont have paper that was printed out that day anymore , guess ill be calling monday too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2018, 08:26 PM

5 posts, read 16,334 times
Awesome! I'll do the same. I'm a bit timid and unfamiliar with the process of getting a city job so I do get a bit...lost easily if there's ever something I didn't understand. The email confused me and I don't want to mess this up. What's the worse they can say lol?

Old 08-05-2018, 10:19 AM

19 posts, read 34,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkii88 View Post
the e mail also stats to bring documents for score as well. i dont have paper that was printed out that day anymore , guess ill be calling monday too.
I can somewhat know of what you're talking about Nikki; because I thought I lost my paper too, but luckily for me I scanned mine into my computer on the same day of test and I found the original, just yesterday. And yes, I think you should call them to find out what to do in the event you don't have the document, but I did read in the email that if you don't bring it, they will not interview you. Hope you are able to get your hands on that paper.

Old 08-05-2018, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricEmma View Post
Awesome! I'll do the same. I'm a bit timid and unfamiliar with the process of getting a city job so I do get a bit...lost easily if there's ever something I didn't understand. The email confused me and I don't want to mess this up. What's the worse they can say lol?
The worst they can say is that those of us who scored below 75 out of 85 correct have to wait a bit longer for the next hiring class; but there's no harm in replying to the email ... I did.

Old 08-05-2018, 11:49 AM

5 posts, read 16,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyp1227 View Post
The worst they can say is that those of us who scored below 75 out of 85 correct have to wait a bit longer for the next hiring class; but there's no harm in replying to the email ... I did.
True, I did reply so now I just wait on what they say
Just to make sure, our results were just that one piece of paper that had our seat number, SS# and score, right? That is the only important document they're talking about, hm? I keep thinking there's more >_<

Old 08-05-2018, 01:15 PM

EccentricEmma, yes the one with the last four of the SS number and seat assignment is the paper they're are referring to in the email.

Old 08-06-2018, 07:39 AM

I just called the Civilian Hiring Unit and they informed me that because of my score I'd have to wait till the next round of them calling people in for the next mass hiring.

Anyone who got that score of 75 or better should call the Civilian Hiring Unit to inquire about the next mass hiring.

Old 08-06-2018, 10:00 AM

16 posts, read 18,800 times
Did anyone get a response after replying to their email?

Old 08-06-2018, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtdevlgrl View Post
Did anyone get a response after replying to their email?
I am thinking that you'll get a reply from them if you scored 75 or better on the test; if you did, I'd call them. From what I know they're already looking for the next training class (or so I think).

Old 08-06-2018, 12:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,969 times
Default Police administrative aide 8069

I called dcas this morning and they told me to email the scoring and appeals department in order to know my test result. Yet they havenít been helpful because the appeals dept said they canít provide it to me.. any suggestions on how to get your results?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City