Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2018, 11:51 AM

28 posts, read 48,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownberries View Post
Calm down. The score doesnt have anything to do with NYPD's capacity. Your score doesn't matter, your LIST number matters. If they didnt call you yet, they could still be working off of an earlier list. Yes, there is a possibility that someone can be skipped...its apart of civil service law called the one in three rule.

If you're frustrated now...I don't know how you're going to survive processing and the academy..lol. Start gathering your documents so when nypd calls, you have everything. Dig out your high school diploma, order your transcripts from every college you've attended, go to the social security office and get an earnings statement. Once you have that....get some paper and write down every job you've had and identify employment gaps and be able to explain that. did someone support you? get a notarized letter from them stating they supported you. did you do volunteer work? write it down.

thats the stuff you should be focused on.

Hey I already started gathering some of the documents you stated. I have a question about being supported by an individual. I don't have a relationship with several of my family members including one of my parents who supported me. How would I go about explaining this during the investigation? Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2018, 06:22 PM

67 posts, read 119,914 times
Summersnow, send me a direct message in regards.

Old 01-04-2019, 03:21 PM

41 posts, read 83,420 times
Happy New Year!!

Has anyone hear or received anything?

Old 01-05-2019, 03:10 PM

80 posts, read 199,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpireJay View Post
Happy New Year!!

Has anyone hear or received anything?
Not as of yet.

Old 01-07-2019, 07:01 AM

41 posts, read 83,420 times
Good morning. Thank you for the update.

Old 01-16-2019, 09:50 AM

Good morning everyone,

Has anyone heard from either DCAS or the Civilian Hiring Unit in reference to the Candidates List?

Thanks in advance.

Old 01-23-2019, 03:11 PM

3 posts, read 7,246 times
So I was fortunate to get hired as a provisional. We were told the list should be established this month but as we know the City is slow.

Old 01-24-2019, 07:18 AM

47 posts, read 123,173 times
Can you give us any input ? Do you like it ? How was the process ? Really appreciated. We all have many questions . Anything you can tell us will help .

Thank you

Old 01-24-2019, 11:38 AM

2 posts, read 2,275 times
Has there been any movement in hiring or new training classes for those who tested, passed and were interviewed for PAA #8069? I was told that I would be hired on a provisional basis for the October class, but then informed that there was an overwhelming amount of candidates that responded. What is the status of the list to be posted?. It's almost a year since the test.

Old 01-28-2019, 11:58 AM

UPDATE: DCAS has updated their website to what they call version 2.0. In the newer version, all exams that have been taken will be posted under your profile WITH the status of the candidates list.

I suggest checking the new site regularly as it will be updated the moment the list is established.

Good to all and do not lose hope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City