Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2019, 07:09 PM

28 posts, read 48,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyp1227 View Post
I do believe that site is used for jobs outside the scope of the Civil Service.

I say that because usually jobs that require an exam are not usually posted on that site and is always posted on the DCAS website.

With that said: I do believe that you may be referring to another job with the city (that maybe very similar in title to PAA), but not the PAA job; there are administrative jobs that the city post on there that do not require examination (ie: where one must submit a resume and/or cover letter for), but those jobs are not under the jurisdiction of DCAS.

Also, and on a separate note, I wanted to state that the PD can terminate anyone for any reason, assuming that you have not completed your probationary period.

After that time has been completed, you can still be terminated, BUT with just cause and in writing and the person being terminated does have the right to trial (administrative trial, I believe).

PS: You still have hope, @summersnow11!

PPS: Good luck to you all on your venture into public service and I hope to see some of you in a class soon!

Thanks for the reply. The website has postings for jobs that require a civil service exam as well. After the hiring event, they sent me a link to make a new account on the website. I entered my resume, cover letter I-9 etc. I'm concerned although it was a provisional position, I was marked as not hired on the website and i didn't get hired for the October class. Here's a picture below to see what I mean.

https://imgur.com/a/eGrdgm1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2019, 11:19 PM

80 posts, read 199,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summersnow11 View Post
Thanks for the reply. The website has postings for jobs that require a civil service exam as well. After the hiring event, they sent me a link to make a new account on the website. I entered my resume, cover letter I-9 etc. I'm concerned although it was a provisional position, I was marked as not hired on the website and i didn't get hired for the October class. Here's a picture below to see what I mean.

https://imgur.com/a/eGrdgm1
Not being hired as provisional is NOT necessary a bad thing, as I was told by someone with the Hiring Unit a few months back; in fact I was informed that it means that when someone is to be hired that is not a provisional it usually means as a permanent employee.

This DOES NOT mean that there will be no probationary period -- there will be; as PD uses that time to conduct a more thorough investigation into the prospective employee's background.

In summation, @summersnow11: Don't sweat not being hired as a provisional; it means that if you are to be hired, it will be as a permanent.

I hope that this answers your query; and as always good luck to you and to everyone else.

Old 03-22-2019, 03:19 PM

Good afternoon everyone,

Has anyone heard anything since the establishment of the candidates list?

Good luck to all!

Old 03-22-2019, 05:27 PM

47 posts, read 123,205 times
I received my score in the mail today .

Old 03-23-2019, 06:23 AM

8 posts, read 56,426 times
I checked the mail his morning and got my notice of results. List number and final average on the is on the mail. Woo hoo!

Old 03-24-2019, 12:08 AM

54 posts, read 86,939 times
I emailed Ms. Maloney and this was her reply;

Good Morning,

I wish I had news for you. As of right now a new class has not been called. I do not have a projected training date and have no word on a PAA hiring at this time. Depending on when this does happen, you may or may not need to go through the process again. Investigation clearances are good only for 6 months. However, you will need to be interviewed again. If you are high on the list, you will be called first.

Feel free to check in periodically.

Thank you,

Linda

Old 03-24-2019, 03:05 PM

Good afternoon to all,

If there are any persons currently working in the department (at any level), this question is for you: What is the current demand for Police Administrative Aides?

Any details in addition to the reply to the query would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Old 03-26-2019, 02:43 PM

67 posts, read 119,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyp1227 View Post
Good afternoon to all,

If there are any persons currently working in the department (at any level), this question is for you: What is the current demand for Police Administrative Aides?

Any details in addition to the reply to the query would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
There is a severe shortage of PAAs. EVERY COMMAND IS IN NEED.

Old 03-26-2019, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownberries View Post
There is a severe shortage of PAAs. EVERY COMMAND IS IN NEED.
Thank you for the reply, @brownberries.

Old 04-01-2019, 10:35 PM

4 posts, read 10,562 times
I was told about a citywide hiring freeze that goes into effect this month. I know every agency isn't impacted. Some will still have pools and appointments for certain titles. Does anyone know if a freeze could put a temporary halt to new civilian hires with the nypd?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City