U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 04:18 PM

22 posts, read 18,987 times

Advertisements

You will get appointment to meet with investigator, you have to get certain documents; earning statement from social security (use to be $33, has gone up to $102, I believe), fingerprints($75). If you have any outstanding parking tickets, they MUST be paid, or any driving violation tickets. Then, it's the waiting game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2018, 04:58 PM

16 posts, read 18,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyp1227 View Post
After the email, I believe we are to be assigned investigators and from there (after investigation) we'll know if we got the job or did not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by upperwestside32 View Post
You will get appointment to meet with investigator, you have to get certain documents; earning statement from social security (use to be $33, has gone up to $102, I believe), fingerprints($75). If you have any outstanding parking tickets, they MUST be paid, or any driving violation tickets. Then, it's the waiting game.
Thank you! I forgot to ask when the next class would be; was anyone else able to ask?

Old 08-18-2018, 05:48 PM

20 posts, read 34,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swtdevlgrl View Post
Thank you! I forgot to ask when the next class would be; was anyone else able to ask?
The next training is in October (from what I've been told).

And also in regards to the earnings statement from Social Security, just sign up for a mySSA account and it will be free.

Old 08-18-2018, 06:31 PM

You have to get the earning statement from the SSA office, the one online only list the amounts you made per year. The one from SSA is more detailed. They have you request it because it contains all the jobs you had, the name of the company and address. This is for their background check.

Old 08-18-2018, 09:09 PM

I did some research and it turns out that you are correct.

From what I saw on the form, it is $115 for what they call an itemized statement of earnings; the form number is Form SSA-7050-F4. Also if you want the statement certified it costs an extra $33 (which is what I think may be requested of us).

Thank you for the heads up, @upperwestside32.

Old 08-19-2018, 08:20 AM

28 posts, read 37,461 times
Good morning everyone , at our interview we were told the class for this PROVISIONAL position starts October 1st . So yes once we fill out our booklet we need to get social security earning etc . Where we meet our investigator .

Old 08-19-2018, 08:45 AM

You're more than welcome. Did anyone ask the hours for training? I forgot to ask. I know it's going to be at the academy in Queens.

Old 08-19-2018, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie143 View Post
Good morning everyone , at our interview we were told the class for this PROVISIONAL position starts October 1st . So yes once we fill out our booklet we need to get social security earning etc . Where we meet our investigator .
While yes it is provisional, @Cookie143, the chances of becoming permanent do increase if one is not late, and works hard in the position and is noticed by the supervisors (in a good way); because from what I heard is if you are good with the supervisor(s), they speak on your behalf to the investigator so that you can become permanent.

In reference to the hours for training, I too forgot to ask, but I do know that it will be for 3 months/12 weeks.

Old 08-19-2018, 10:06 AM

28 posts, read 37,461 times
@mannyp1227 the way they explained it, it all depended on your list #, once the city comes out with the list . In other words your score plays a major part once the list is established.

Old 08-19-2018, 10:36 AM

@mannyp1227 and Cookie143, you both are correct. It is a combination of both. The higher you score, the quicker you are pulled, however, your attendance and evaluations must be great also. A friend of mine was provisional a long time ago, got a 90 on the test, but because her child kept getting sick, she had to take many days off, they never called her off the list. So both factors play a major part in becoming permanent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City