Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2018, 03:24 PM

9 posts, read 23,545 times

Advertisements

Same, recently received call to go in for an interview. Have to fill out forms and bring in documents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2018, 08:42 PM

2 posts, read 5,759 times
how many are they hiring?

Old 09-10-2018, 01:39 PM

28 posts, read 48,831 times
Filled out the online forms from DCAS. Still haven't heard anything back yet and scored pretty well. 3 weeks until the class starts is that enough time for the investigation, fingerprints etc

Old 09-10-2018, 10:00 PM

54 posts, read 86,977 times
Hopefully. Wish this forum was updated on a regular basis so we all would know what to expect. There hasn't been any movement on my end, hopefully anyone that has received correspondence will update us soon.

Old 09-11-2018, 09:54 AM

9 posts, read 21,048 times
Call the hiring center and they will update you on your status. I was told hopefully this week we will be contacted by the investigators.

Old 09-11-2018, 09:56 AM

9 posts, read 21,048 times
Any calls from the center will be a "restricted" call, answer them.

Old 09-11-2018, 11:30 AM

54 posts, read 86,977 times
Thank you for the updates

Old 09-12-2018, 08:12 AM

16 posts, read 42,779 times
I received some forms from my investigator to fill out and bring to the interview. Fingerprinting on the same day as interview

Old 09-15-2018, 02:54 PM

3 posts, read 9,540 times
Hey everyone,

It looks like I may be the first to have been officially hired on this forum so I want to share my experience regarding the hiring process.

The entire process of applying for the position to getting hired took 9 months.

Timeline:
-In December I applied for the exam.
-In April I took the exam and scored in the high 70's.
-In August I was emailed for my interview which is used to determine who is going to be added to the temporary civil list. I had to bring copies of my documents and they went over key details of the paa training and my benefits package. This took place at 1 police plaza in the auditorium with at least 500 other people in my timeslot.
- The next day I received a link to the website to fill out some pre-employment forms.
-In the first week of September, I received an email for my background interview which took place the following week. This simply entailed bringing in my official documents (ss, birth certificate etc), paperwork within the background email and a $75 money order for fingerprinting. This also took place at 1 police plaza.
- Three days later I was notified by phone (from their official 646 phone number) that I was hired.

I hope this helps!

Old 09-15-2018, 03:34 PM

28 posts, read 48,831 times
I did everything up to getting an email for my background interview. I scores pretty well on the exam and still haven't heard anything back from the hiring unit. I've called many times and either they said that they don't know when the investigators will contact you or they're waiting for my file to be reached. The next class is about three weeks away and I'm starting to get a little worried. Do you know what documents are requested for the investigation interview besides birth certificate, ss, utility etc?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City