Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2018, 06:34 AM

5 posts, read 10,926 times

Advertisements

Super excited ! Thank you sooo sooo much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2018, 11:25 AM

41 posts, read 83,420 times
Hi MannyP,

I am slowly losing hope but am so grateful for this update! Thank you a million times! I really hope we hear something soon!

Just wondering, do you have any idea or information when the next training will begin?

Again, thank you for the update I really appreciate any and all information available!

Have a great day!

Old 10-29-2018, 11:38 AM

80 posts, read 199,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpireJay View Post
Hi MannyP,

I am slowly losing hope but am so grateful for this update! Thank you a million times! I really hope we hear something soon!

Just wondering, do you have any idea or information when the next training will begin?

Again, thank you for the update I really appreciate any and all information available!

Have a great day!

If I had to guess, I would say that the next training would start sometime early next year (January or February).

Also, I was informed that we would be called up for that training sometime this year, with December being the latest possible and to be on the lookout for a letter from either NYCHA or DCAS.

Hope this info help out.

Old 10-29-2018, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyp1227 View Post
If I had to guess, I would say that the next training would start sometime early next year (January or February).

Also, I was informed that we would be called up for that training sometime this year, with December being the latest possible and to be on the lookout for a letter from either NYCHA or DCAS.

Hope this info help out.

It does! Thank you!

Will keep on eye on my mailbox and inbox.

Fingers crossed on getting something!

Please let us know if you hear anything else.

Old 11-03-2018, 02:41 AM

54 posts, read 86,860 times
Thanks for the updates. Looks like we'll be going back to 1pp to sign paperwork again, since we're being called off the list. God works in mysterious ways. His timing.

Old 11-09-2018, 07:11 PM

67 posts, read 119,914 times
Hey guys. I can't wait until all of you are in the academy and sent to commands. We so need you guys. Please feel free to ask me any questions. Well...not about hiring...the process has changed significantly since I was a PAA.

Old 11-10-2018, 05:57 AM

Hi brownberries,

Hope is well. If you don't mind me asking, what do you do now? A class started in October. We are waiting to hear about possibly going into the academy in January or February. Has it changed for the better or worse? Should we be worried?
I read the summary on the form before signing up to take the test and I tried to get more information about what the job entails, but not much came up. Any information you can give us?

Thanks!

Last edited by EmpireJay; 11-10-2018 at 06:05 AM..

Old 11-10-2018, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpireJay View Post
Hi brownberries,

Hope is well. If you don't mind me asking, what do you do now? A class started in October. We are waiting to hear about possibly going into the academy in January or February. Has it changed for the better or worse? Should we be worried?
I read the summary on the form before signing up to take the test and I tried to get more information about what the job entails, but not much came up. Any information you can give us?

Thanks!

without divulging too much of myself on the internet, I am a civilian supervisor. NYPD has significantly changed. Some say the better...some say for the worse. What I can tell you is that working for NYPD is different from any job you have ever had. You're going to hear things...and see things that will blow your mind. If you're hypersensitive, this is the wrong agency. You cannot be thin-skinned. A common conversation with your supervisor may involve tons of profanity and its just regular conversation. Precinct life and detail (a detail is any place thats not a precinct) life are completely different. There is more freedom at precincts but some people prefer office settings.

There isnt a specific task for PAAs. You can be in the complaint room taking complaints from the public. you can be assigned to payroll-ensuring everyone in the precinct gets paid. You can be rollcall- which assigns all uniformed and civilian employees their assignments each day or in domestic violence unit entering domestic incident reports. If youre in an office, then your duties will drastically differ.

Just remember that NYPD is a 24/7 day operation. do not build your life around having saturdays and sundays off and working during the day. If you have a family prepare them in case you have to work evenings or midnights with weekdays off.

Old 11-11-2018, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownberries View Post
without divulging too much of myself on the internet, I am a civilian supervisor. NYPD has significantly changed. Some say the better...some say for the worse. What I can tell you is that working for NYPD is different from any job you have ever had. You're going to hear things...and see things that will blow your mind. If you're hypersensitive, this is the wrong agency. You cannot be thin-skinned. A common conversation with your supervisor may involve tons of profanity and its just regular conversation. Precinct life and detail (a detail is any place thats not a precinct) life are completely different. There is more freedom at precincts but some people prefer office settings.

There isnt a specific task for PAAs. You can be in the complaint room taking complaints from the public. you can be assigned to payroll-ensuring everyone in the precinct gets paid. You can be rollcall- which assigns all uniformed and civilian employees their assignments each day or in domestic violence unit entering domestic incident reports. If youre in an office, then your duties will drastically differ.

Just remember that NYPD is a 24/7 day operation. do not build your life around having saturdays and sundays off and working during the day. If you have a family prepare them in case you have to work evenings or midnights with weekdays off.

Happy Sunday!

Thanks for the response. The information was helpful. I had previously had the conversation with my family regarding possibly working on the weekend and holidays didn't think about the night shifts.

Have a good evening.

Old 11-11-2018, 09:52 PM

No problem. When I was in the academy I told myself I was going to be working either four to twelve or Midnights with Tuesday and Wednesday off. I got used to that so if it did happen....I was prepared. Start getting your family together early about your possible tour and don't be disappointed if you do not get a day tour with Saturdays and Sundays off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City