Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2019, 02:44 PM

16 posts, read 25,568 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the info! I checked and it says "awaiting list". For everyone else you can see your info in "My Civil Service Exams" under "Dashboard".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2019, 01:01 PM

3 posts, read 7,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie143 View Post
Can you give us any input ? Do you like it ? How was the process ? Really appreciated. We all have many questions . Anything you can tell us will help .

Thank you
I’m in a command that is not busy. So my day consists of answering the phone and putting in 3 or 4 complaints. I do like it but it’s not what I want to do for the rest of my career.
The training at the Police Academy was for 6 weeks. Towards the end you are given a command where you train for 2 weeks (It is not your permanent location but it could be).The classes are criminal justice, typing, telephone switchboard and English. There’s a midterm and final. In all honesty the Academy doesn’t train you sufficiently for the job. I learned more in the field.

Old 02-13-2019, 07:37 PM

80 posts, read 199,148 times
Good evening, everyone.

Has anyone received any updates of any kind in reference to this exam?

Old 02-15-2019, 09:29 AM

41 posts, read 83,455 times
Hey Manny,

Nothing on this end. I was really hoping to have heard something in January . Just logged on to DCAS website and it still says awaiting list.

Old 02-17-2019, 09:26 AM

1 posts, read 2,808 times
Does anyone know whether or not they will work strictly from the list once it's established or will the people who started the provisional hiring process be hired ahead of people who may have scored higher?

Old 02-23-2019, 12:59 AM

I have a hunch that it will be established in April; quite possibly in the middle of April.

As always, don't lose hope; it's not over till it's over. For all hasn't been lost.

Old 02-26-2019, 03:32 AM

67 posts, read 119,933 times
Y'all need to stop worrying..lol. the provisionals that have been hired are from the list. It just wasn't certified yet, none of them are off the street. No one is going to be overlooked. People will be disqualified through the investigation process..so that will move the list along. Once again, I strongly encourage people to start gathering their paperwork. The most expensive thing you will need is your social security earnings statement....get that now so it'll be easier to document all of the jobs you've had.

Old 02-27-2019, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownberries View Post
Y'all need to stop worrying..lol. the provisionals that have been hired are from the list. It just wasn't certified yet, none of them are off the street. No one is going to be overlooked. People will be disqualified through the investigation process..so that will move the list along. Once again, I strongly encourage people to start gathering their paperwork. The most expensive thing you will need is your social security earnings statement....get that now so it'll be easier to document all of the jobs you've had.
Good advice. I, myself, will be going to my local Social Security office to get my earnings statement.

Quick question, @brownberries: Does it have to be the certified earnings statement?

Old 02-28-2019, 03:28 PM

67 posts, read 119,933 times
i dont know if its certified or not; I believe they stamp it. If that is the one you're referencing, then yes.

Order all of your transcripts, make sure you recall all of the places where you have lived. Once you get the earnings statement, use that to compose your job history and account for all periods of unemployment, Get NOTARIZED letters from everyone who financially supported you during that time.

That is the stuff that needs to be worked on NOW; dont worry about when they'll start calling people. Have everything ready to go; Trust me.

Old 03-03-2019, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownberries View Post
i dont know if its certified or not; I believe they stamp it. If that is the one you're referencing, then yes.

Order all of your transcripts, make sure you recall all of the places where you have lived. Once you get the earnings statement, use that to compose your job history and account for all periods of unemployment, Get NOTARIZED letters from everyone who financially supported you during that time.

That is the stuff that needs to be worked on NOW; dont worry about when they'll start calling people. Have everything ready to go; Trust me.
Just wanted to say thank you for the advice; it's much appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City