U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 11:22 AM

7,901 posts, read 6,472,299 times

Advertisements

It's usually easy to tell when intervening is worthwhile as opposed to watching and laughing. In front of my own home, intervening is always the choice.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2018, 11:26 AM

6,963 posts, read 5,436,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
I've seen him several times on TV and all he talks about is NYCHA. I couldn't imagine him being mayor. We all like Mr. Torres. He's a lovely man, but the man is obsessed with NYCHA. That's why he should never run for mayor. lol
Its personal for him as he grew up in NYCHA and I think was an asthmatic so has empathy. Not to say that he has mayoral qualities. I think that we have had enough politicians who lack management skills and are only good at making pretty speeches.

Old 07-13-2018, 11:29 AM

7,548 posts, read 2,685,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Who's not talking about NYCHA lately

Hell Cuomo managed to bring up NYCHA today during his live stream

The governor of the state is even talking about NYCHA

Why wouldnt Torres
Ritchie Torres has more duties besides obsessing over NYCHA. If he represented my community, I'd vote him out. Granted a sizable portion of his constituents live in NYCHA, but the man is over the top with being a social justice warrior. I guess his other constituents don't matter.

Old 07-13-2018, 11:40 AM

5,324 posts, read 4,004,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
It's usually easy to tell when intervening is worthwhile as opposed to watching and laughing. In front of my own home, intervening is always the choice.
There is no upside whatsoever to intervening. Best to just roll on by and make it to the next paycheck and a glorious retirement...

Old 07-13-2018, 11:44 AM

7,901 posts, read 6,472,299 times
Most of the time, definitely.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 07-15-2018, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Ritchie Torres has more duties besides obsessing over NYCHA. If he represented my community, I'd vote him out. Granted a sizable portion of his constituents live in NYCHA, but the man is over the top with being a social justice warrior. I guess his other constituents don't matter.
Ever thought that it isnt that he just deals with NYCHA issue. Its that these are the only times that the major media interview him.

I went to an event hosted by a construction group where Al Sharpton was one of the speakers. The Italian Americans at my table were all laughing and mocking him before he spoke. When he ended they were rushing him down for autographs. The point being that they saw a different dimension of the man and found that they agreed with much of what he said. Given his image in the major media they were shocked at this.

Old 07-15-2018, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
There is no upside whatsoever to intervening. Best to just roll on by and make it to the next paycheck and a glorious retirement...
Just don't hope that you don't need my help one day and I follow your advice. There are different ways to intervene.

Old 07-15-2018, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Just don't hope that you don't need my help one day and I follow your advice. There are different ways to intervene.
I grew up in Brooklyn and am extremely capable of physically taking care of myself. I also carry a firearm (a Glock model 19) wherever I go. I donít need yours nor anyone elseís help. As a matter of fact if you are a typical NYer you would probably be a liability in a situation.

Old 07-15-2018, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
I grew up in Brooklyn and am extremely capable of physically taking care of myself. I also carry a firearm (a Glock model 19) wherever I go. I donít need yours nor anyone elseís help. As a matter of fact if you are a typical NYer you would probably be a liability in a situation.
Of course you will never age so will always be able to take care of yourself.

Old 07-15-2018, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Of course you will never age so will always be able to take care of yourself.
Cool retort brah....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City