U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2018, 08:12 PM

7,317 posts, read 5,683,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
I think that YOU don't know the reality. People in these communities do want the police. What they don't want will be police criminalizing everyone when their focus should be on the criminals. And in fact there are policemen who say exactly this. Just research complaints made by black COPs when they aren't on duty.

You are the one who lives in some cloud thinking that everyone in BedStuy or Mott Haven is a thug.
You're projecting on the wrong guy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2018, 05:44 AM

959 posts, read 1,193,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
You're projecting on the wrong guy
Look at her track record.

Anyways, Harlem shooting 1 dead
https://nypost.com/2018/08/30/shocki...-fatally-shot/

Old 09-01-2018, 06:55 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,669,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgr555 View Post
Look at her track record.

Anyways, Harlem shooting 1 dead
https://nypost.com/2018/08/30/shocki...-fatally-shot/
I wonder what the backstory is on the Papa John shooting. Was it random (gang initiation) or something else??

Old 09-01-2018, 09:17 AM

627 posts, read 219,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I've worked in "those" communities. In fact, over the vast majority of my career in more than one boro.

As soon as cell phone cameras became prevalent, it became easy to tell exactly how much of the community supports the police by counting how many fools in the crowds were recording and rabble-rousing rather than helping situations.

Hint: not much.

They aren't all criminals. Most of them likely lead perfectly normal lives. But they willingly follow the agenda and hate the police as they are taught to do.

In the other thread you hinted that I don't do much police work. On the contrary, I work harder to help victims now than I ever have due to my current location and the vocally appreciative community that I now serve. They deserve our hard work here and strongly support us over the criminal element.
Cops are a waste of tax paying dollars but thanks to our over bearing government they are the only ones with the power and protection to do something

Majority of cops are lazy and do nothing most of the time. If they donít feel like giving a ticket, they wonít. If they donít feel like thoroughly investigating a 911 call they wonít. at this point letting citizens carry guns would work out better while we minimize the police presence and hire more detectives. As they would have to do more work investigating all the criminals who are justly shot.

Tax dollars saved either way and the ďhateĒ for police will diminish

Old 09-01-2018, 11:10 PM

8,060 posts, read 6,639,917 times
I’m a 2nd Amendment supporter before I am a cop. I agree with you 100%. I mostly became a cop so i could be exempt from NYC/NYS’s gun laws.

Humans own the birth right (I don’t believe in god) of self-defense from day one. Our governments have stolen it from us. Until it is returned, I’ll do whatever necessary to maintain mine.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 09-02-2018, 06:41 AM

2,634 posts, read 2,719,401 times
Quote:
Iím a 2nd Amendment supporter before I am a cop. I agree with you 100%. I mostly became a cop so i could be exempt from NYC/NYSís gun laws.
I know what you are trying to say, but the 2nd amendment has very lose interpretations depending on the person making that interpretation. Most people who want to see tighter regulations ALSO support the 2nd amendment. They just don't support it in the same way because they interpret what the words mean in a different way.

Words matter as do semantics. It's a lot like Pro-life vs. Anti-choice. Same idea, different spin.

Old 09-02-2018, 09:43 AM

I’m only concerned with the statements of fact which have come from the Supreme Court: that the 2nd a Amendment protects an individual right to own and carry handguns.

There’s no other way to “interpret” it. One can twist it, make something up, etc, but there’s only one meaning. It’s plan English. They needed a strong militia, the people were the militia, therefore the people have the right to keep and bear arms so they can be the militia when needed. Simple. Anything else is BS.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 09-02-2018, 11:06 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,669,953 times
An old dude beating off his demons

https://nypost.com/2018/09/01/equino...m-masturbator/

Old 09-02-2018, 11:12 AM

2,634 posts, read 2,719,401 times
Quote:
Iím only concerned with the statements of fact which have come from the Supreme Court: that the 2nd a Amendment protects an individual right to own and carry handguns.

Thereís no other way to ďinterpretĒ it. One can twist it, make something up, etc, but thereís only one meaning. Itís plan English. They needed a strong militia, the people were the militia, therefore the people have the right to keep and bear arms so they can be the militia when needed. Simple. Anything else is BS.
A ruling that differed by every other Supreme Court ruling before and that does have limitations (if you read it.) and it is an interpretation since the actual amendment was worded very vaguely.

My personal belief is those who desire it the most have some sort of sociopath in their psyche. Itís not normal to be so fearful and so cynical...that and the data doesnít support their point of view. Letís not get into this because it will be a never ending discussion and off topic.

Old 09-02-2018, 11:29 AM

I’ve no desire to get into it either. I have “...shall not be infringed” tattooed prominently on my forearm. There’s nothing to “debate”.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or