Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2018, 09:30 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times

Advertisements

https://nypost.com/2018/07/26/police...subway-deaths/

Damn, Although i was working from home yesterday. I have A train alerts from the MTA on my work email. I remember seeing a message about this issue.

RIP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2018, 10:30 AM

34,091 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
The real one. This was not Petit Larceny. She scammed 100K not less than 1K. This was a year long identity theft / credit card scam. She should be facing 1 to 5 years in prison.

Her dad paid the fine not her.

Also, this is not her 1st brush with the law. "This was not her first run-in with the law: in 2013, Caroline was arrested for harassment, resisting arrest and obstruction of justice after she got into a fight with a roommate over rent."

If this was a regular kid, the DA would have given the kid a plea deal of 2 years in prison and 2 years probation with 500 hours of community service.
Meh, dont be surprised at how the "justice" system works, thats all I can say

Crime is for rich people

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 07-27-2018, 07:59 PM

34,053 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
https://nypost.com/2018/07/26/police...subway-deaths/

Damn, Although i was working from home yesterday. I have A train alerts from the MTA on my work email. I remember seeing a message about this issue.

RIP

Old 07-28-2018, 03:04 AM

766 posts, read 507,820 times
Quote:
The real one. This was not Petit Larceny. She scammed 100K not less than 1K. This was a year long identity theft / credit card scam. She should be facing 1 to 5 years in prison.

Her dad paid the fine not her.

Also, this is not her 1st brush with the law. "This was not her first run-in with the law: in 2013, Caroline was arrested for harassment, resisting arrest and obstruction of justice after she got into a fight with a roommate over rent."

If this was a regular kid, the DA would have given the kid a plea deal of 2 years in prison and 2 years probation with 500 hours of community service.
Nothing new, rich people even get away with murder sometimes. Odds go up higher if you are white as well

Old 07-28-2018, 09:12 AM

8,373 posts, read 4,391,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakanda18 View Post
People still don’t get police brutality protest even when it’s staring them in the face. You see that the killer was found and will most likely be convicted and sentenced to half his life in prison. Well when have you seen a police officer convicted for killing a civilian? People protest for justice. The black community can’t stop the systematic poverty that leads to violence in their community. This is something that has been taking place after MLK and Malcolm X were killed. Drugs entering the community and the war on drugs that separated families, became the catalyst to the destruction of the black family. Just look at the difference of how the opioid epidemic is being handled, offering rehab and lenient sentencing.

But I’m sure you don’t care to hear a history lesson and find out the root cause of the struggles.

For the record, for those who may not know, I am a white immigrant 58 year old woman from Eastern-ish Europe. Now, about 10 or so years ago, there was a grisly crime in CT, where a young guy around 20 and another guy I think around 40 (both of them white, the younger one adopted from Russia by a normal middle class family) - so these two WHITE criminals broke into the house of a CT doctor, beat him unconscious, made his wife withdraw some substantial money from bank, returned back home, the older criminal raped and strangled the doctor's wife, the younger one molested a pre-teen daughter of the doctor couple, then the criminals tied both daughters to beds and set them on fire. The doctor (who, to his great misfortune, survived the beating) has spent the last decade seeking capital punishment for these two pieces of scum that have been wasting taxpayers' money in jail, with all the usual sob stories about their unhappy childhood. I cannot see how anybody could disagree with this poor man )the victim), or use any kind of "psychologic" excuse for the animals. Should I defend them because they are white, and the younger one is from "my" general part of the world? H*** NO! They should have been put out humanely, the way it is done with rabid dogs, within 24 hours of positively identifying them as perpetrators of that crime. Anybody who tortures, or kills for fun (or for most other reasons), should be simply put out, no further questions. And any violent offender - no matter what age or mental health status - should be locked up permanently after the second offense. Race should not enter the equation at all, only the DNA proof of crime. Why do you think Singapore has next to no violent crime at all (or in fact no petty crime either, close to zero crime in general)?

Old 07-28-2018, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
For the record, for those who may not know, I am a white immigrant 58 year old woman from Eastern-ish Europe. Now, about 10 or so years ago, there was a grisly crime in CT, where a young guy around 20 and another guy I think around 40 (both of them white, the younger one adopted from Russia by a normal middle class family) - so these two WHITE criminals broke into the house of a CT doctor, beat him unconscious, made his wife withdraw some substantial money from bank, returned back home, the older criminal raped and strangled the doctor's wife, the younger one molested a pre-teen daughter of the doctor couple, then the criminals tied both daughters to beds and set them on fire. The doctor (who, to his great misfortune, survived the beating) has spent the last decade seeking capital punishment for these two pieces of scum that have been wasting taxpayers' money in jail, with all the usual sob stories about their unhappy childhood. I cannot see how anybody could disagree with this poor man )the victim), or use any kind of "psychologic" excuse for the animals. Should I defend them because they are white, and the younger one is from "my" general part of the world? H*** NO! They should have been put out humanely, the way it is done with rabid dogs, within 24 hours of positively identifying them as perpetrators of that crime. Anybody who tortures, or kills for fun (or for most other reasons), should be simply put out, no further questions. And any violent offender - no matter what age or mental health status - should be locked up permanently after the second offense. Race should not enter the equation at all, only the DNA proof of crime. Why do you think Singapore has next to no violent crime at all (or in fact no petty crime either, close to zero crime in general)?
"Put out"

LMAO

I gave Reps.

Old 07-28-2018, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
"Put out"

LMAO

I gave Reps.

So you agree with me that criminals should not be protected because of any racial or psychological reasons, just treated flatly in a way that protects the society from crime (ie, capital punishment or permanent lockup for violent crimes, no "mitigating circumstances" considered)? Wow, maybe there is actually a hope of sanity on this forum! :-)

Old 07-28-2018, 10:11 AM

Quote:
So you agree with me that criminals should not be protected because of any racial or psychological reasons, just treated flatly in a way that protects the society from crime (ie, capital punishment or permanent lockup for violent crimes, no "mitigating circumstances" considered)? Wow, maybe there is actually a hope of sanity on this forum! :-)
Yeah, I agree.

Old 07-28-2018, 10:18 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times
Quote:
I am in favor for capital punishment if all evidences is clear and undeniable. I am familiar with that story and those 2 should be killed without trial. We waste too much money on clear as day criminals. Also, the execution should be quick and not take 1 to 5 years to finally execute.

Old 07-28-2018, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
"Put out"

LMAO

I gave Reps.

Aah alright, I figured out what made you laugh... I guess the correct expression is to "put down" (as in to put down a dog after it seriously attacks somebody). I suppose you can put out a fire, but not a criminal... well. you already know English is not my first language :-).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City