U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2018, 05:19 AM

23,328 posts, read 16,226,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
City can't make the owners of those buildings clean up their mess, they can only do so much when it comes to that

Look at Jamaica, the streets immediately surrounding the post office ain't all that either, I almost got robbed around there once as a teen
The City has encouraged investors to clean up private buildings, and it has worked spectacularly in many areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2018, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Parkchester is where you move when you've "made it", not Riverdale. LMAO

But yes, there's lots of potential but you are not going to push those people out. Tons of supportive housing down there, etc.
Nor should you push those people out. They have to live somewhere.

Improving this area would be improving those people and removing the barriers that prevent them from having socioeconomic mobility.

Old 07-14-2018, 08:10 AM

19,436 posts, read 32,947,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
The City has encouraged investors to clean up private buildings, and it has worked spectacularly in many areas.
Link please

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 07-14-2018, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Link please
https://www1.nyc.gov/site/hpd/develo...ncentives.page

All those 80/20s were a way for luxury housing developers to get taxpayer money while building little affordable housing.

You need to pay more attention to politics dude. I should not have had to supply a link for very common and very public knowledge.

Old 07-14-2018, 09:09 AM

Quote:
https://www1.nyc.gov/site/hpd/develo...ncentives.page

All those 80/20s were a way for luxury housing developers to get taxpayer money while building little affordable housing.

You need to pay more attention to politics dude. I should not have had to supply a link for very common and very public knowledge.
This is not an example of the city enticing existing building owners to "clean up" their buildings.

I'm telling you you did not go to school.

Old 07-14-2018, 09:12 AM

Quote:
This is not an example of the city enticing existing building owners to "clean up" their buildings.

I'm telling you you did not go to school.
I have the credentials to prove it dude. Don't even think you can come for me. And I'm not stuck in glorified housing projects like you. Bitter much?

Oh those tax incentives do indeed "clean" up buildings, they play a huge part in gentrifying the lower class out of the entire neighborhoods. Far fewer more people, and the neighborhoods are completely cleaned up. I've witnessed this first hand. But I guess that's hard to see if you never lived outside the hood.

Old 07-14-2018, 09:12 AM

Quote:
I have the credentials to prove it dude. Don't even think you can come for me. And I'm not stuck in glorified housing projects like you. Bitter much?

Oh those tax incentives do indeed "clean" up buildings, they play a huge part in gentrifying the lower class out of the entire neighborhoods. Far fewer more people, and the neighborhoods are completely cleaned up. I've witnessed this first hand. But I guess that's hard to see if you never lived outside the hood.
Link please

Old 07-14-2018, 09:16 AM

It's pretty easy to verify my Cornell AND Columbia degree. You just type in my real name on Cornell's website, and it will say I'm an alumnus. Columbia and Cornell both give permanent e-mail addresses to alumni, and yes, I have my permanent e-mail addressed from both.

My teaching credentials are verifiable online too my dude.

Old 07-14-2018, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Link please
Stuff it, please.

But yeah, my background is easily verifiable.

I'm sorry you couldn't do better in life than this.

Old 07-14-2018, 09:19 AM

I'll post all of that online if you require that of everyone here, including yourself and the other MOD. Otherwise, no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or