Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 11:05 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,081,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by safina1 View Post
Take a look at this:

$1600 rent +utilities
$112 metro card
$800 food
$ 55 phone bill
$100 cleaning products, soaps, toothpaste, etc..
$ 430 ( something I have to pay every month)
$ $60 internet ( not sure if it would cost more than that. I don't need cable.
$ ?? some digital subscription to some websites that I like (netflix or amazon prime or Lynda.com)
$45 gym
$40 meds
$40 salon
$50 laundry

Am I missing something here?
LOL. is it child support? Is this mandatory?

You need to reduce the food unless you are a professional athlete. That is a lot for a single person. I do 280 month and that includes work food.

The 430 and 800 can be the expenses that you could potentially reduce.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2018, 11:10 AM

582 posts, read 763,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
LOL. is it child support? Is this mandatory?

You need to reduce the food unless you are a professional athlete. That is a lot for a single person. I do 280 month and that includes work food.

The 430 and 800 can be the expenses that you could potentially reduce.
why are you asking me if this is mandatory or not? It is none of your business if it is a child support or even for charity. It is something that I would rather keep private. and you are laughing at me for that?

Old 07-17-2018, 11:13 AM

12,789 posts, read 8,288,555 times
Quote:
why are you asking me if this is mandatory or not? It is none of your business if it is a child support or even for charity. It is something that I would rather keep private. and you are laughing at me for that?
Mr. Ryu is a clown. Pay that payaso no mind.

Old 07-17-2018, 11:26 AM

Quote:
i laughed that you wrote that. ($ 430 ( something I have to pay every month) it made me wonder what the 430 was for. baby, illegal drugs, hookers, etc.

The 430 and 800 if possible to reduce are the best options for you to save money, homie!

It's a public forum. I felt like asking so i did. If you are paying for 430.00 for a charity or tithes then you are loco, bru!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Mr. Ryu is a clown. Pay that payaso no mind.
Go drink an Artisan coffee, Eyetalian.

Old 07-17-2018, 11:31 AM

Quote:
i laughed that you wrote that. ($ 430 ( something I have to pay every month) it made me wonder what the 430 was for. baby, illegal drugs, hookers, etc.

It's a public forum. I felt like asking so i did. If you are paying for 430.00 for a charity or tithes then you are loco, bru!

Go drink an Artisan coffee, Eyetalian.
hookers? illegal drugs? that is what YOUR mind is telling you. I am not surprised. again, it is none of your business. That is all what I have to say.
you felt like asking? ok. you asked and I answered your question.

keep calling me names. I hope the mods will remove you from my thread.

Old 07-17-2018, 11:33 AM

Quote:
hookers? illegal drugs? that is what YOUR mind is telling you. I am not surprised. again, it is none of your business. That is all what I have to say.
you felt like asking? ok. you asked and I answered your question.

keep calling me names. I hope the mods will remove you from my thread.
No, sir. Those are scenarios for your requirement of having to pay that amount monthly without fail. ( i would like to add Mail order bride to that list)

I didn't call you names. I said if you pay 430 monthly in charity/ tithes that you are loco (mad). Bru is Australian for Bro.

You haven't given an answer so i made up scenarios. Honesty is clarity and with clarity you have a clear mind!

The $800.00 of food; are you a powerlifter, crossfitter, athlete??

Old 07-17-2018, 11:36 AM

Quote:
I didn't call you names.

You haven't answered so i made up scenarios.

The $800.00 of food; are you a powerlifter, crossfitter, athlete??
oh I am sure " loco" is an honorary title in your world.
I have answered your question and I said it is none of your business. so that was my answer.
yes, I am a power lifter.

Old 07-17-2018, 11:43 AM

2,691 posts, read 4,330,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
To each it's own, but you only live once. When you die that's it, so I don't obsess over oh my God, I have too much money in checking I need to put more into investments.

They're investments anyway so they're going to go up and down just like the market. If you have kids then sure, stock away more money for them at a minimum and put something into a 529 account, but if you have no kids, who are you going crazy saving money for? You're already maxing out your 401k, plus you put $1000 a month into investments. Now I understand that you need money in retirement, and none of us knows if Social Security will even exist, but let's say that you buy a place and you have it paid off before you retire. Your housing expense is your biggest expense each month, so IF you have a decent amount coming from Social Security, and you delay taking that out until later on, PLUS your investments and your 401k, you should have more than enough money for retirement until you croak (excuse my language ). I mean I'm sorry, if I want to eat at an expensive restaurant, or buy $10 ice cream I'm gonna do it. You only live once and I'm not dying with regrets. I don't know how old you are, but you sound very old. I mean most people are maxing out their retirement accounts when they're older, not when they're say in their 30s.

I've done most of what I wanted to do, so most of what I do now is icing on the cake.
I’m not old. I’m in my 30s but my situation is atypical (from most posters on this board) in that I have enough disposable income to invest additional amounts on top of what I’m supposed to save. This is on top of the disposable income that I already “dispose of” on things like shopping and vacations. I’m putting some of that disposable money towards a redecoration project. Mind you it’s nothing excessive or lavish with my shopping, vacations or redecorating, but I have an “I’m comfortable” relationship with money. I already own two properties in nyc- one that I live in the other that I rent out- so I don’t need to save for that either. What would you suggest for the excess money?

For me, I invest the excess money becase it would be foolish to have it sitting in a checking account doing nothing. I’m “making my money make money” which quite frankly is the mentality of the wealthy.

Old 07-17-2018, 11:45 AM

Quote:
oh I am sure " loco" is an honorary title in your world.
I have answered your question and I said it is none of your business. so that was my answer.
yes, I am a power lifter.
Why so sensitive, Bru? In that scenario paying 430 for tithes/charity is loco/crazy/mad especially when OP made a thread on saving.

A professional one? That is a lot of dough for food. How much you squat / deadlift / standing military press?

Old 07-17-2018, 12:06 PM

425 posts, read 391,623 times
800 a month for food seems excessive. Family of 4 spends that much. Buy what is on sale, not whatever. That should be able to be brought down to 400 a month for 1 person.

Even at 600 a month, that is saving you 2,400 a year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City