U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2018, 01:43 PM

1,839 posts, read 802,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Every group looks down on someone. Thats why our species is doomed.
Yep! I don't know about the doomed part but the rest is true enough. No one wants to be at the bottom of the totem pole. It reminds me of playing King of the Mountain when little. Some things never change. I know people from Africa who look down on eachother based on which African country they're from. And sometimes, they're even from the same country!

Old 07-16-2018, 01:44 PM

1,839 posts, read 802,270 times
Quote:
Russian central asians ? They look like Puerto Ricans.
Hmmm....they look Asian to me.

Old 07-16-2018, 03:23 PM

11,470 posts, read 5,755,945 times
Quote:
Just because they say it doesnt mean its true.
Agreed. Plus half PR half DR is a very common mix.

Old 07-16-2018, 04:19 PM

3,223 posts, read 1,150,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Agreed. Plus half PR half DR is a very common mix.
Its what Italians and Irish mixing looked like in the City.

Old 07-16-2018, 04:28 PM

1,877 posts, read 1,743,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Hmmm...I didn't know that. I don't think I ever met anyone that's Cuban. Met plenty of Dominicans, Haitians, Jamaicans, Puerto Ricans, Mexicans even people from Spain, Peru, Brazil, Honduras. But I'm trying to think if I know anyone Cuban.
I had a Cuban friend in college who was a few years older than me. He was living in Cuba when JFK was assassinated and he told me that people there thought the U.S. was going to attack Cuba over his death. Whether they knew anything or that was just the state of the times I don't know.

Old 07-16-2018, 04:57 PM

2,967 posts, read 1,247,869 times
Cousins not litlle brothers. Cuba P.R. D.R. ARE PRIMOS.

Rosie can't pass as Dominicans, there are strong similarities , but P.R. would have more rain I blood, than the others. And that small ounce of blood is miniscule.

So, one is granted citizen at birth, the other needs to land on soil on boat, and the other has to stay and apply and hope things go well.

Fat Joe looks PR, can't really pass as Dominican ,but an artist like bad bunny or archangel can.

Dominicans can look like anyone! Asian, sebian,anglo,Italian, African middle eastern,etc. Easier to immigrate and start a new life in DR than the other 3.

Old 07-16-2018, 05:01 PM

11,470 posts, read 5,755,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post

Rosie can't pass as Dominicans, there are strong similarities , but P.R. would have more rain I blood, than the others. And that small ounce of blood is miniscule.

So, one is granted citizen at birth, the other needs to land on soil on boat, and the other has to stay and apply and hope things go well.

Fat Joe looks PR, can't really pass as Dominican ,but an artist like bad bunny or archangel can.

Dominicans can look like anyone! Asian, sebian,anglo,Italian, African middle eastern,etc. Easier to immigrate and start a new life in DR than the other 3.
I have a Domican coworker who looks just like Fat Joe

I know Dominican women who look similar to Rosie Perez

Old 07-16-2018, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post

Funny when Rosie Perez came out lots of Puerto Ricans said she looked Dominican. Btw she looks like my Dominican neighbors. Stop generalizing.

Old 07-16-2018, 05:10 PM

227 posts, read 103,977 times
From someone who is neutral, (meaning not Dominican nor Rican), what's the purpose of this thread ?

Last edited by quique07; 07-16-2018 at 05:58 PM..

Old 07-16-2018, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quique07 View Post
From someone who is neutral, (meaning not Dominican nor Rican), what's the purpose of this threat ?
What threat ?? Haha. Your right. Especially since Colombians and Ecuadorians will be the largest NYC Hispanics one day. Puerto Ricans will be surpassed by Dominicans if it hasnt already happened. Then Ecuador and Colombia and maybe Mexico will send more folks to surpass them. Then you will have threads by Colombians saying they are way better then Ecuadorians and yada yada.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or