U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2018, 12:58 PM

7,574 posts, read 2,842,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
There are many Dominican drug dealers and substance users in Upper Manhattan and for that matter in the DR.

Youíre declaring personal limited experience as law. Can you cite statistics or specific studies proving that this is a trend?

Otherwise youíre a bigot hiding behind her Puerto Rican friends. White racists will say terrible things, and then claim to have African Americans best friends.
Lay off of the racist rhetoric, as if only white people can be racist. You say a lot of ignorant things too. You don't get a pass because you're black.

Old 07-18-2018, 01:00 PM

3,547 posts, read 1,876,619 times
Quote:
There are many Dominican drug dealers and substance users in Upper Manhattan and for that matter in the DR.

Youíre declaring personal limited experience as law. Can you cite statistics or specific studies proving that this is a trend?

Otherwise youíre a bigot hiding behind her Puerto Rican friends. White racists will say terrible things, and then claim to have African Americans best friends.
Cool it. I would love to see statistics on how Dominican immigrants and their children are doing in the u.s.

Old 07-18-2018, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshanarose View Post
Cool it. I would love to see statistics on how Dominican immigrants and their children are doing in the u.s.
I know of a Dominican couple that grew up in the Bronx and now have moved up and are living in Westchester in a middle class neighborhood with three little ones. Very nice people. Actually the wife is half Puerto Rican and half Dominican, and the husband is fully Dominican.

Old 07-18-2018, 01:42 PM

9,835 posts, read 21,659,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCaribenoEast View Post
No, we been in the US much longer and have more experience in American society, y'all the newcomers compared to us. Plus we have more clout and bigger population numbers across the eastcoast. We got the same Spanish/West African/Taino ancestry ONLY seen in the Spanish Caribbean, yall now are us 20 years ago.
I guess if you are framing it in that context, USA society etc. But I would think most Dominicans/those of Dominican descent would be slightly offended by being called "little brothers." Especially considering DR at least is it's own country and PR is a US colony.

Old 07-18-2018, 02:21 PM

11,470 posts, read 5,766,118 times
Quote:

Yeah, Dominicans live in some of the worst neighborhoods in the city, and Dominican guys in upper Manhattan and The Bronx are often getting busted for selling drugs. I am not bashing Dominicans, but they seem to have social ills that largely overlap with those of Puerto Ricans.

Old 07-18-2018, 03:37 PM

23,384 posts, read 16,394,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Lay off of the racist rhetoric, as if only white people can be racist. You say a lot of ignorant things too. You don't get a pass because you're black.
Then quote me on anything I have said is racist and I will take it back.

Because I will condemn anything racist period.

Youíre trying to deflect from the attention certain whites people (not all) on this forum have said the most vile things about poor people and people of color.

Old 07-18-2018, 03:40 PM

1,547 posts, read 1,966,149 times
How did this stupid thread get to 18 pages? What's the matter with you people?

Old 07-18-2018, 03:42 PM

23,384 posts, read 16,394,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshanarose View Post
Then if you can present statistics and a study that explains this alleged disparity, please present it. If not there is absolutely no reason to mention in. Since you have no proof. The whole city is not based on what you see as a social worker.

Two years ago you did not know Harlem or Bedstut had gentrified. But then you yourself made a post expressing shock at the gentrification.

You also claimed most Puerto Ricanís were pure white, based on a couple of photos and a quick vacation you had in San Juan.

Old 07-18-2018, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Then if you can present statistics and a study that explains this alleged disparity, please present it. If not there is absolutely no reason to mention in. Since you have no proof. The whole city is not based on what you see as a social worker.

Two years ago you did not know Harlem or Bedstut had gentrified. But then you yourself made a post expressing shock at the gentrification.

You also claimed most Puerto Ricanís were pure white, based on a couple of photos and a quick vacation you had in San Juan.
Even so, that doesn't make her racist. You throw that word around far too often.
Just makes you sound ignorant.

Old 07-18-2018, 04:32 PM

3,547 posts, read 1,876,619 times
Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or