U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-19-2018, 07:05 AM
 
Location: Manhattan
20,157 posts, read 26,444,908 times
Reputation: 9034

Advertisements

Anyone on SNAP who is stupid enough to waste his benefits on rip-off greemarketeers should have the right to do so, or even to flush his card down the toilet, which is essentially the same thing.


The City should DE-license these thieves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-19-2018, 11:59 AM
 
10,622 posts, read 20,755,039 times
Reputation: 8155
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Aww cmon Henna

You've lived here too long

When we say poor or lower income areas we are referring to the projects, u know that...

Corona aint even really that poor
I looked up median income for Corona vs other areas on City Data's site and this is what I found

Corona - $50K median income, average household size of 6
Brownsville - $30K median income, average household size of 3.4
Soundview - $38K median income, average household 7.3
Morrisania - $30K, 5.2

Median income is median household, not individual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2018, 12:03 PM
 
5,717 posts, read 5,166,149 times
Reputation: 3840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Anyone on SNAP who is stupid enough to waste his benefits on rip-off greemarketeers should have the right to do so, or even to flush his card down the toilet, which is essentially the same thing.


The City should DE-license these thieves.
KK stop being so judgmental. This summer heat must be getting to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
I looked up median income for Corona vs other areas on City Data's site and this is what I found

Soundview - $38K median income, average household 7.3
7 people per house hold.....smh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2018, 12:06 PM
 
Location: Confines of the 101 Precinct
19,175 posts, read 32,719,007 times
Reputation: 7591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
I looked up median income for Corona vs other areas on City Data's site and this is what I found

Corona - $50K median income, average household size of 6
Brownsville - $30K median income, average household size of 3.4
Soundview - $38K median income, average household 7.3
Morrisania - $30K, 5.2
Ok

Thanks for providing.
__________________
"The man who sleeps on the floor, can never fall out of bed." -Martin Lawrence

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2018, 12:06 PM
 
Location: Confines of the 101 Precinct
19,175 posts, read 32,719,007 times
Reputation: 7591
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
KK stop being so judgmental. This summer heat must be getting to you.
He gets cranky when it's hot outside, bear with him

Give him a lobster tail and he'll calm down
__________________
"The man who sleeps on the floor, can never fall out of bed." -Martin Lawrence

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2018, 01:03 PM
 
Location: Plandome, NY
7,048 posts, read 7,629,904 times
Reputation: 3889
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
This is NOT good for SNAP recipients. They have the right to fresh fruits and veggies.
if there is no demand and/or profit for business to serve the poor areas, then they won't be served. Its pretty simple. If you aren't happy, just go with the standard mantra, hate the rich people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2018, 03:56 PM
 
Location: Manhattan
20,157 posts, read 26,444,908 times
Reputation: 9034
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
He gets cranky when it's hot outside, bear with him

Give him a lobster tail and he'll calm down

You got me to a T.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2018, 04:09 PM
 
Location: Manhattan
20,157 posts, read 26,444,908 times
Reputation: 9034
Eating vegatables is HEALTHY.




Sure, until you come down with a vicious norovirus, or any of a number of parasites.


Who TOLD you vegetables were healthy? What evidence did they provide you with? The Apple board will tell you APPLES are healthy, the Cereal lobby will tell you grains are healthy, the Dairy Board will tout the wonders of eggs, milk and cheese.
It's called ADVERTISING.


They used to hire doctors to tell you CIGARETTES were healthy.


Atkins had half the country convinced that FATS were healthy and carbohydrates were poison. Soy meat substitutes, quinoa, mega-dosing of vitamins, fish oils, Omega-3 fats...it goes on ad infinitum.


And all this poppycock changes decade to decade just like fashions from Paris.


Don't swallow this silliness like a hungry twink at the Mine Shaft the first time.




"Healthy" is just another gimmick to charge premium prices.

Last edited by Kefir King; 07-19-2018 at 04:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2018, 05:14 PM
 
Location: Confines of the 101 Precinct
19,175 posts, read 32,719,007 times
Reputation: 7591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
You got me to a T.
I got ya back KK.
__________________
"The man who sleeps on the floor, can never fall out of bed." -Martin Lawrence

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2018, 05:14 PM
 
Location: Confines of the 101 Precinct
19,175 posts, read 32,719,007 times
Reputation: 7591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Eating vegatables is HEALTHY.




Sure, until you come down with a vicious norovirus, or any of a number of parasites.


Who TOLD you vegetables were healthy? What evidence did they provide you with? The Apple board will tell you APPLES are healthy, the Cereal lobby will tell you grains are healthy, the Dairy Board will tout the wonders of eggs, milk and cheese.
It's called ADVERTISING.


They used to hire doctors to tell you CIGARETTES were healthy.


Atkins had half the country convinced that FATS were healthy and carbohydrates were poison. Soy meat substitutes, quinoa, mega-dosing of vitamins, fish oils, Omega-3 fats...it goes on ad infinitum.


And all this poppycock changes decade to decade just like fashions from Paris.


Don't swallow this silliness like a hungry twink at the Mine Shaft the first time.




"Healthy" is just another gimmick to charge premium prices.
Dont forget "the incredible edible egg"
__________________
"The man who sleeps on the floor, can never fall out of bed." -Martin Lawrence

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top