U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 02:39 PM

1,087 posts, read 440,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
I've been doing laundry going back to my college days. I don't like anyone touching my stuff. I mean it's not that complicated. Dress shirts you wash and let dry in the walk-in closet. Same thing with pants. Nothing to fold. Socks I just throw them on hangars and let them dry too. On occasion I'll iron a shirt, but most of them I buy don't need too much ironing. I have a friend that does that. They throw EVERYTHING in the damn dryer. If I did that with my dress shirts, they'd all be up my back. The only that's tricky to fold are bed sheets and those damn fitters for the mattress. The rest is a piece of cake. The newer machines even have a steam setting so it reduces wrinkles.
Same, I actually enjoying doing my laundry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2018, 02:40 PM

19,317 posts, read 32,792,203 times
The Bronx is Cheap

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 07-19-2018, 03:04 PM

7,595 posts, read 2,718,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
The Bronx is Cheap
Compared to Manhattan it is. I find parts of Country Club stunning. No sidewalks, charming tree lined streets. It definitely feels like you're in a Country Club, going back to when the area was part of Westchester. Even City Island looks great, even though it has tacky seafood places. I think I'm going to book a trip over there in October when it's still warm but not too hot this way I can take a stroll without all of the people.

Hard to believe this is in the Bronx (Country Club Road, Country Club, Bronx, NY):

https://www.google.com/maps/place/33...!4d-73.8161999

Old 07-19-2018, 03:19 PM

3,216 posts, read 1,113,715 times
Quote:
Overall I'd say it's dense, but most of the good neighborhoods are not dense by NYC standards anyway.

It seems that Kingsbridge and Riverdale are getting a few new spots.

Kingsbridge:
Kingsbridge Social Club

Riverdale:
The Hill
Buunni Coffee
My block in Unionport/Castle Hill has lots of traffic on a school day. Yet once school is out its deserted. I have sat outside on a weekday during the summer and counted a dozen people walk by all day. Its great. Not typical but great for me.

Old 07-19-2018, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
My block in Unionport/Castle Hill has lots of traffic on a school day. Yet once school is out its deserted. I have sat outside on a weekday during the summer and counted a dozen people walk by all day. Its great. Not typical but great for me.
I've walked down some streets north of the Bruckner that are nice like Pugsley Avenue. What area is that called? Is it Unionport? Too far north it deteriorates quickly though as you approach Parkchester.

Old 07-19-2018, 03:38 PM

For me, call me a sexist, its the woman. Beautiful woman here up in the boogey down.

Old 07-19-2018, 03:41 PM

Quote:
I've walked down some streets north of the Bruckner that are nice like Pugsley Avenue. What area is that called? Is it Unionport? Too far north it deteriorates quickly though as you approach Parkchester.
Unionport or Castle Hill. I live off Castle Hill Ave, but Im in Unionport. People just call it all Castle Hill. Very convenient area. Im ajacent to four highways, three bridges, an express bus, the q44 to Queens, the 6 train, and several MTA buses.

Old 07-19-2018, 03:58 PM

11,493 posts, read 5,591,613 times
Quote:
For me, call me a sexist, its the woman. Beautiful woman here up in the boogey down.
Such a pervert!

Old 07-19-2018, 04:03 PM

11,493 posts, read 5,591,613 times
Quote:
Unionport or Castle Hill. I live off Castle Hill Ave, but Im in Unionport. People just call it all Castle Hill. Very convenient area. Im ajacent to four highways, three bridges, an express bus, the q44 to Queens, the 6 train, and several MTA buses.
Do people in Castle Hill generally identify with Castle Hill, or is it like Wakefield where most people call it a street name (Gun Hill)?

And Castle Hill seems like a good area for those who want an area that still feels like The Bronx, but toned down.

Old 07-19-2018, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Yeah I've been in the area with that BxM8 express bus runs along Bruncker Blvd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or