U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 08:18 PM

1,817 posts, read 778,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Until the very last minute I was going to skip the last election but then I joined the majority and pulled the Hillary lever because I correctly judged the damage that a complete vulgar moronic jackass like Trump could do to the country, and ME.

I despised weak kneed Barack Obama and Hilary looked like more of the same, and a war monger.

So I understand very well anyone refraining from the vote, no matter their reasons.
Crap! I can't rep you.
I agree. At the very last minute, I voted for Hillary as well but was none too pleased about it.
Skipped out of voting entirely at the 2nd mayoral election. There's no one to vote for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2018, 08:30 PM

617 posts, read 203,081 times
Too many people was on their high horse which is how Trump became President

If you don’t vote or be involved the process, you can’t complain

Everybody thinks their vote doesn’t count, which is completely false

Old 07-19-2018, 09:27 PM

20,254 posts, read 26,621,926 times
Trump is president ONLY because the electoral system is rigged towards the empty states and gerrymandered in favor of rural areas. Three million of Hillary's votes actually DID NOT count and to win the election, she would have needed another 10 million.

Even the founding fathers knew they were setting up a system where the votes of the common folk DID NOT matter. Nothing has changed and that's why we get Bushes and Trumps.

My vote did NOT count: Aeran's vote did NOT count.

And we reserve the right to ***** about the results of any election where we are NOT given a choice.

Old 07-19-2018, 09:28 PM

1,817 posts, read 778,775 times
Quote:
Trump is president ONLY because the electoral system is rigged towards the empty states and gerrymandered in favor of rural areas. Three million of Hillary's votes actually DID NOT count and to win the election, she would have needed another 10 million.
Depressing.

Old 07-21-2018, 12:36 PM

4,186 posts, read 3,499,313 times
Propose the buyout of NYCHA to Jeff Bezos, Warren Buffet, Oprah, Zuckerberg and em. watch what happens. They’ll smack you for just asking and wasting their time

Old 07-21-2018, 01:40 PM

617 posts, read 203,081 times
Quote:

Even the founding fathers knew they were setting up a system where the votes of the common folk DID NOT matter. Nothing has changed and that's why we get Bushes and Trumps.

My vote did NOT count: Aeran's vote did NOT count.

And we reserve the right to ***** about the results of any election where we are NOT given a choice.
Theoretically the electoral college is flawed however, if it wasn’t for the anti Hilary wave going on BOTH sides. She would be president today. You realize she lost Michigan by 11,00 votes. Jill Stein received 50k votes. Jill stein and Bernie in my opinion were plants to cause disruption during the election. The “bernie bros” were never Hilary even at the prospect of Trump.

When people stay home and start voting third party just because they don’t like a candidate. That’s self sabotage based on pride. Did I like Hillary? No, but I made sure to vote and volunteer for the dnc anyway. The left became infringed during the 2016 election similar to the Tea party. It was their way or the highway but the GOP crowd is so passionate about abortion and racism, they will vote for their candidate either way.

Old 07-21-2018, 03:53 PM

18,431 posts, read 11,841,577 times
Bringing this on back home..

No one want's NYCHA, at least not in current form of those project housing ghettos.

New York City is behind the curve in that many other urban areas have torn down those projects, and replaced them with either scatter housing and or "inclusive" where you have persons of various income levels.

Federal government no longer provides funding to build (IIRC) new projects. Money now goes to various vouchers, Section 8 or whatever so people in theory can live anywhere besides ghettos of poverty and crime.

You likely wouldn't have any issues with "rich" persons investing in various inclusionary housing (who do you think is putting up much of the money for the various 80/20 buildings now?), but strictly "poor" or pubic housing? Nah, outside of a few non-profits and or others with an agenda no one is interested.

Old 07-22-2018, 09:20 PM

1,399 posts, read 314,664 times
Back in the days Donald Trump offered to buy Amsterdam Houses across from Lincoln Center but was turned down.
The Poorest of people scared they would not have the right to live on the best real estate soil just like every other working
stiff.......Also remember that the president of the housing authority ( his mom ) lived in one of those apartments. Hmmmmmmmm.

Old 07-22-2018, 09:24 PM

I am flabbergasted......

Old 07-22-2018, 09:25 PM

Housing Projects never did and never will work...Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or