Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 01:11 AM

3,861 posts, read 3,152,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by safina1 View Post
I support any new technology that would help catch terrorists, rapists and other criminals. If they want to capture my face, that is fine with me. I have nothing to hide.
The only downside to this technology is the case of a mistaken identity. That would be a huge problem but that is a question only the experts would be able to answer. Also, I am wondering if some criminal wearing a mask to hide his facial features, would they be able to recognize them using this new technology?
it could only lead to the day "the man"chooses to get any "add ethnicity here" guys off the street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2018, 08:15 PM

769 posts, read 1,014,840 times
Makes sense. This was why Cuomo pushed so hard for the new window tint laws. And it's also why the police like to give motorists tint tickets at the midtown tunnel. The tint obscures their little spy towers cameras from scanning the side of your face.

Coincidentally, Cuomo's governernment car has fully tinted windows.

Another case of the Limousine Liberals telling you to do as they say, not as they do.

Old 07-22-2018, 10:01 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,006,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ughhnyc View Post
Makes sense. This was why Cuomo pushed so hard for the new window tint laws. And it's also why the police like to give motorists tint tickets at the midtown tunnel. The tint obscures their little spy towers cameras from scanning the side of your face.

Another case of the Limousine Liberals telling you to do as they say, not as they do.
Exactly. I'm praying for some prosecutor to find some dirt on this scumbag.

Old 07-22-2018, 10:49 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,736,140 times
I'm not a fan of any type of big brother watching over us. I don't like that Police cars scan license plates as they drive by. I don't like that there are e-z pass readers on street corners and I don't want my face scanned as I cross a bridge or tunnel.

Old 07-22-2018, 11:14 PM

3,319 posts, read 1,817,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post

although privacy is not explicitly written in the constitution. its interpreted.
You have no right to privacy on a public thoroughfare.
Do NOT confuse privacy with anonymity.

Old 07-22-2018, 11:20 PM

15,842 posts, read 14,476,031 times
I'm waiting to start seeing people walking around (or in this case driving) in ski masks.

Old 07-23-2018, 02:58 AM

1,121 posts, read 591,353 times
Haven't these 1984 cameras already been used in Times Square? You know those big camera boxes with police labels on them, next to those weird police booths that elevate on hydraulics. Man those are creepy.

Quote:
“Facial-recognition software is notoriously inaccurate when it comes to identifying people of color, women and children, leading to the possibility of people being mistakenly arrested or erroneously monitored,” NYCLU Executive Director Donna Lieberman said in a statement.
I wonder why the software does not identify minority groups with accuracy. It's like the software was first designed for nabbing white men accurately but then just about anyone else too, for just about anything.

Old 07-23-2018, 05:06 AM

19,045 posts, read 13,959,968 times
Well as we've learned, EVERYTHING is racist, so obviously these cameras would be too.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 07-23-2018, 09:21 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,613,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ughhnyc View Post

The new facial cameras see right through legal window tint, even the limo black stuff.

Cuomo's government car will be read by the license scanners. Dark tint isn't going to allow him to travel incognito.

Old 07-23-2018, 09:43 AM

5,464 posts, read 5,709,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Well as we've learned, EVERYTHING is racist, so obviously these cameras would be too.
The laws of physics themselves favor the white men! Cut off their legs!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City