U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2018, 09:13 PM

11,493 posts, read 5,574,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
I guess an area that resembles Spring Creek in another borough is maybe the deep ends of Classon Point except Classon Point has no mall!
Zero soul!

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.8066...7i13312!8i6656
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2018, 09:16 PM

1,922 posts, read 656,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Yeah I know. I think that would include Baychester too
Yea and Eastchester!

Old 07-23-2018, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Yea and Eastchester!
So all the Jamaican neighborhoods basically

Old 07-23-2018, 10:21 PM

1,922 posts, read 656,353 times
Quote:
So all the Jamaican neighborhoods basically
Thatís exactly what I was going to say before putting Eastchester lol.

Ethnic wise it makes sense since Jamaicans dominate area. Over 50% of those areas are Jamaican alone!

Old 07-24-2018, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Thatís exactly what I was going to say before putting Eastchester lol.

Ethnic wise it makes sense since Jamaicans dominate area. Over 50% of those areas are Jamaican alone!
Right, heavily Jamaican and heavily black in general, but Wakefield and Williamsbridge seem to have a growing Hispanic population, though. The Bronx seems to be the borough where Hispanics move everywhere, almost every neighborhood is at least 10% Hispanic and usually much more than that.

Old 07-24-2018, 04:07 PM

I looked through Belmont and I'm happy that it has more surviving original architecture than the South Bronx, but there are way too many Fedders houses for my liking. I wonder if in this case, they mostly replaced burned out buildings, or if developers bought out vacant rowhomes and demolished them to put Fedders houses in their place.

Old 07-24-2018, 06:27 PM

2,591 posts, read 3,380,295 times
Quote:
I looked through Belmont and I'm happy that it has more surviving original architecture than the South Bronx, but there are way too many Fedders houses for my liking. I wonder if in this case, they mostly replaced burned out buildings, or if developers bought out vacant rowhomes and demolished them to put Fedders houses in their place.
Fordham U built a lot of really ugly student housing in Belmont too. It's a real shame because they do beautiful constructuon on campus. Off-campus, they do everything as cheap as they n.

I doubt Belmont had any burnt out buildings.

Old 07-24-2018, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodel View Post
Fordham U built a lot of really ugly student housing in Belmont too. It's a real shame because they do beautiful constructuon on campus. Off-campus, they do everything as cheap as they n.

I doubt Belmont had any burnt out buildings.
I was wondering if some of those were Fordham University buildings! Some of them say things like "Fordham Housing" on them.

If I'm not mistaken, Belmont had some burnt out buildings in the Southeast portion, but maybe that's considered Tremont

And what is with those beige/pink buildings? They look so soulless, like cheaply made office buildings.

It's a shame Belmont has all those Fedders houses, between the Fordham University presence, surviving Italian businesses, and thriving Latin American community, it seems like it's a neighborhood that's above receiving the lowest form of architecture known to man.

Old 07-24-2018, 07:01 PM

2,591 posts, read 3,380,295 times
Quote:
I was wondering if some of those were Fordham University buildings! Some of them say things like "Fordham Housing" on them.

If I'm not mistaken, Belmont had some burnt out buildings in the Southeast portion, but maybe that's considered Tremont

And what is with those beige/pink buildings? They look so soulless, like cheaply made office buildings.

It's a shame Belmont has all those Fedders houses, between the Fordham University presence, surviving Italian businesses, and thriving Latin American community, it seems like it's a neighborhood that's above receiving the lowest form of architecture known to man.
I'm not sure which pink buildings, is one on Arthur just north of 187? I can't remember what was there before.

I'm sure Fordham's presence on Belmont has had some positive impact, but not aesthetically!

Old 07-25-2018, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodel View Post
I'm not sure which pink buildings, is one on Arthur just north of 187? I can't remember what was there before.

I'm sure Fordham's presence on Belmont has had some positive impact, but not aesthetically!
No not that one, that one doesn't look too bad. I was referring to the beige and pink building found in various parts of The Bronx, like this one. I believe this is considered Belmont

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.8541...7i13312!8i6656
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City