Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2008, 11:50 AM

2,978 posts, read 3,986,919 times

Advertisements

sean sean sean....the reason why this thread continues is because people like you keep posting comments...so please...the faster you stop posting the faster it will disappear...go do your thing.

To everyone else...please continue to provide your input.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:52 AM

113 posts, read 382,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Haha nice try. But again you fail.

What you don't realize is that not all Dominicans are like what you described above. 2nd generation Dominicans have a higher graduation rate than do Puerto Ricans or 2nd generation Mexicans. The Puerto Rican ghettos are worse and as a result there are more PR scumbags than Dominicans. But that is beside the point. The point is that older Dominicans and graduate Dominicans are an incredible help to NYC. These are really good people so it is unfair to generalize all of them like that.
Tell me this Super Wario, how many Puerto Rican members of the american armed forces, like my cousin, have died on foreign soil protecting and preserving the freedoms that Dominicanos in this country? MANY

How many Puerto Rican members of law enforcement died protecting the populace from the crime wave that accompanied the "dominicano" drug trade in the last twenty years? MANY

How many Domincanos died in either instance? FEW So........by extension what good do you speak of the dominicanos doing?

Old 04-04-2008, 12:01 PM

Don't bother questioning SuperWario with logic or reason, he exists solely to provide entertainment for the forums...that is his purpose. His statements are so outlandish, hypocritical, and laughable..you just have to sit back, read, and laugh..and then continue on with the topic at hand with more reasonable and rational posters.

No worries Ogden...we all know what you mean.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:04 PM

5 posts, read 16,112 times
I'd rather live amongst the new wave of transplanted yuppie and hipster New Yorkers (who seem pleasant and more educated) than live amongst that group of rude, tired, grumpy, rent-controlled native New Yorkers I always see in NY looking so miserable.

Last edited by Euroboy1; 04-04-2008 at 12:15 PM..

Old 04-04-2008, 12:08 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,181,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogden Assassin View Post
Tell me this Super Wario, how many Puerto Rican members of the american armed forces, like my cousin, have died on foreign soil protecting and preserving the freedoms that Dominicanos in this country? MANY

How many Puerto Rican members of law enforcement died protecting the populace from the crime wave that accompanied the "dominicano" drug trade in the last twenty years? MANY

How many Domincanos died in either instance? FEW So........by extension what good do you speak of the dominicanos doing?
The Puerto Rico vs. Dr thing is so '89. It's so stupid and old hat.

Moving on...

Old 04-04-2008, 12:50 PM

Lol..it is so '89...it was dumb for SuperWario to even bring it up..cuz then it will beg others to get into the gutter argument...silly and pointless. It is very '89 though..brings me back!

Euroboy...unfortunately...there are many times when I can agree with that statement. However it is the locals that make the city...if it were all the Hipsters/transplants...it would be a place like so many others.

Old 04-04-2008, 01:02 PM

13,630 posts, read 20,698,239 times
Quote:
DITC...you are gravely mistaken with your assumptions, as I am not outnumbered 25,000 to 1.....
I always imagine you living like Charlton Heston in The Omega Man or Will Smith in I Am Legend.

Maybe I should refer to you as Neville rather than GuyofGisbourne.

Old 04-04-2008, 01:04 PM

hehe....Moth yeah it can feel that way at times...no doubt.

Old 04-04-2008, 01:08 PM

877 posts, read 2,763,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroboy1 View Post
I'd rather live amongst the new wave of transplanted yuppie and hipster New Yorkers (who seem pleasant and more educated) than live amongst that group of rude, tired, grumpy, rent-controlled native New Yorkers I always see in NY looking so miserable.
Then maybe you should live other places if native New Yorkers irritate you to that agree. Just so you know, as a native New Yorker I find alot of transplanted people to be rude, tired and grumpy. They buy into a notion that New Yorks are loud, arrogrant and rude and then they come into the city and behave worst towards people than many native New Yorkers ever did.

Old 04-04-2008, 01:17 PM

1,008 posts, read 3,617,477 times
Is laughable how some people prefer to keep criminals and wannabe gangsters in these neighborhoods, instead of the new and less criminal people moving in. Lets face it, some of you have issues with whites faces who seem to be doing ok and better financially than many people in those hoods. The thing that bothers me, is while the New York Times pointed out that most well-to-do people (Yuppies?) moving to Harlem tend to be Black themselves, alot of you seem to hate the White ones the most. Racism is alive and well. Fine you don't like their style or music, but lets face it, they are paying a good amount of taxes and are less likely to be involve in crime. I want a neighbor like that. Who doesn't?

Oh and the ones been displace are the renters, not property owners. Alot of the Blacks in Harlem who owned before gentrification are probably happy of the change and probably the ones in Bed-Stuy will be aswell. Stores? there will always be plenty of places for shopping and stores. Starbucks and the like, can't take all the spaces. Some property owners with retail have to be realistic.

Oh and do any of you have sympathy for all those struggling artists who were living in SoHo, Tribeca, or the East Village back before gentrification in those neighborhoods took place aswell? I guess not, since they are probably white.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City