Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 03:57 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
That whole park is rat city. you hear them fighting in the bushes all the time.
Not as bad as you might think. Underneath Bryant park are the vast archives of the New York Public Library. The worst is Collect Pond Park in the court district. It's basically paved over the cesspool that was Collect Pond at the center of the five points slum. A creek still flows deep beneath and they estimate the rat population is in the thousands below ground
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2018, 04:01 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,546,961 times
Ratatouille!

Attachment 201163

Seriously. What's the dive bar? I'm going to be hanging out in Chelsea this weekend....

Last edited by Hannah5555; 04-24-2021 at 09:17 AM..

Old 08-15-2018, 04:12 PM

1,486 posts, read 989,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aflyguy View Post
All these responses and not ONE person asked the obvious.....what restaurant was this?!?! Did I miss it?

Stormgal....any reason why you chose not to disclose this place? Especially after experiencing something so disgusting and startling (Selfish reason on my part, I suppose—I’m often in Chelsea eating n drinking at different places).

Seriously though, if this ever happens to me I’m blabbing everrrything about the place, everywhere—yelp, zagat, Facebook, city-data, you name it.
Naming the place is not really needed as this is something you cannot avoid in NYC, and they have an A rating so its obvious the kitchen was clean enough to pass the inspection. Trust me, that grubhub or dominoes delivery people get have way more germs on it that a rat running around the dive bar. That delivery person probably rubbed their ass over the food before making the delivery and no one will even know.

Old 08-15-2018, 04:17 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
Naming the place is not really needed as this is something you cannot avoid in NYC, and they have an A rating so its obvious the kitchen was clean enough to pass the inspection. Trust me, that grubhub or dominoes delivery people get have way more germs on it that a rat running around the dive bar. That delivery person probably rubbed their ass over the food before making the delivery and no one will even know.
"It happens" is true, but the staff's response is what should get the place padlocked permanently

Old 08-15-2018, 04:18 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,546,961 times
Quote:
Bullocks.

Old 08-15-2018, 04:23 PM

251 posts, read 148,482 times
Quote:

As nasty as that sounds, that was funny as he11.

Old 08-15-2018, 04:28 PM

3,672 posts, read 2,751,005 times
You can report rats in restaurants on the 311 app.

Old 08-15-2018, 05:34 PM

6,687 posts, read 6,033,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
Hahahahaa!!!! That's hysterical. A rat that's as cool as a cat.
These rats have attitude! They are no longer afraid of humans because there are so many of them. I really cannot think of another reason! This particular one was literally looking at me as if it expected me to give him/her table scraps. And when it knew that it wasn't getting any, it just like strolled under the couch. I wish I had a video of the whole thing, to be honest.

Old 08-15-2018, 05:42 PM

31,909 posts, read 26,970,741 times
Quote:

Excuse you? Rodents in restaurants/establishments that serve food is something "that you cannot avoid in NYC? Maybe you should become mayor or something then can tell DOH to stop all those inspections and other actions. Would save the city a pretty penny one assumes.

Those "A" ratings are almost meaningless. You can go online to DOH website and see countless restaurants or other places that had repeated rodent infestations but now have (or never lost) their "A" rating.

Back when Chirping Chicken was on Lexington and 85th you could walk past their windows at night and see dozens of mice running around kitchen area. This included grill, counters, food prep areas, floor, etc.... One of my neighbors actually filed a DOH online complaint. That got a canned response saying "we have notified owner of complaint to they can take appropriate action.....". Meanwhile Chirping Chicken location had and never lost their "A" rating, which was proudly stuck on front window.

if no one bothered to name and drop a quarter on that KFC/Taco Bell in Chelsea that place likely still would have been open. More to point the ensuing scandal about DOH workers on the take never would have been exposed either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGMEnP4iQh0

63 Percent of NYC

People *should* expose things on the internet, that is one of the great things about this new technology. Otherwise going through the *ahem* normal channels gets you gotts. Things are swept under the rug, person or persons get their taste and then things go back to business as usual.

Old 08-15-2018, 06:58 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,768,323 times
Quote:
they have an A rating so its obvious the kitchen was clean enough
I am convinced some of these inspectors are and can be bought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City