Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2018, 10:34 AM

12,741 posts, read 8,170,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
It's not the temps that bugs me, it's the humidity and rain. Big mosquito season as a result. You start sweating in 5mins even the temps are around 80. The wind and rain has caused a lot of floods in places that normally don't flood.

Around the city it's crazy when the rain seems to come mostly after 5pm just in time for rush hour.
There are lots of women that don't mind because they are always cold, but if you are one that has a normal body temperature (lots of women tend to have lower body temperatures than men, especially if they had children) then you will a sweaty mess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2018, 03:51 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,184,894 times
Quote:
It's not the temps that bugs me, it's the humidity and rain. Big mosquito season as a result. You start sweating in 5mins even the temps are around 80. The wind and rain has caused a lot of floods in places that normally don't flood.

Around the city it's crazy when the rain seems to come mostly after 5pm just in time for rush hour.
You need a new job in Nj where you live or to retire. Your miserable in NYC, why keep doing it to yourself. Money is not everything!

Old 08-23-2018, 06:01 PM

15,477 posts, read 15,449,978 times
Brace yourself for more of the same - though I'm not sure why you're heaping blame on skinny women.

Old 08-23-2018, 08:42 PM

7,867 posts, read 7,756,212 times
Quote:
Besides being warm and muggy we have to run for life because of heavy downpouring rain the last month and a half. Starbucks becomes refuge to smelly wet tourists many don't wear deodorants. Many cramped sidewalks become impossible to navigate especially with skinny women and those massive umbrellas they have as big and wide as the sidewalk and yet many don't have the strength to hold on while the heavy rain and wind comes.
it’s this bi-polar ass weather we’re having. Not even summer for me. Feels like the spring we never had

Old 08-23-2018, 08:54 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,831,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javawood View Post
I've basically stayed inside all summer. I learned this year that I absolutely detest heat and actually really really enjoy the winter. I'm seeing if I can stay with some friends and work from home in Vancouver next year, or in the very least from the AC'd up place I call my apartment.

I also got my friend's slow cooker and have increased the amount of food recipes I know which makes me happy beef based curry for days.
Extreme weather of any kind is not pleasurable.

There are very few nice weather days in NYC. The only pleasurable season here for me is Fall.

It gets hotter than Atlanta and almost as cold as Minnesota. I'm tired of it but can't leave due to job security here.

Old 08-23-2018, 08:55 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,831,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
You need a new job in Nj where you live or to retire. Your miserable in NYC, why keep doing it to yourself. Money is not everything!
Money is everything in this society. If you don't think so - Ask the bum on the street asking for change.

Old 08-23-2018, 08:57 PM

33,394 posts, read 46,819,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
it’s this bi-polar ass weather we’re having. Not even summer for me. Feels like the spring we never had
This s--t aint no spring

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 08-23-2018, 08:58 PM

33,394 posts, read 46,819,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Extreme weather of any kind is not pleasurable.

There are very few nice weather days in NYC. The only pleasurable season here for me is Fall.

It gets hotter than Atlanta and almost as cold as Minnesota. I'm tired of it but can't leave due to job security here.
Yes, NYC's weather is all extremes. We get it all except for volcanoes. I've been around every natural disaster here. I remember the one year there was a water spout in the Narrows.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 08-23-2018, 10:57 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,184,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Money is everything in this society. If you don't think so - Ask the bum on the street asking for change.
I feel sorry for you that you think that way.
I'll take my low paying career but being happy in my life (well minus my neighbor u all know about) any day over working some high paying job and being miserable.

Old 08-24-2018, 11:12 AM

8,572 posts, read 8,468,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Even yesterday was disgusting particularly in the morning. The humidity has been a real problem this year. Last night was nice though and this morning it feels good. I may actually venture out for lunch to pick up a sandwich for something... Haven't done that in a while....
Not sure why people think this summer is unusual. Its summer so its muggy and yes sudden violent rainstorms are likely to happen. This is why the wealthy (and even some not so wealthy) began to spend summer weekends elsewhere.

I can recall hotter summers. I remember one so hot that even the inside walls were piping hot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City