Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2018, 10:36 AM

108 posts, read 81,575 times

Advertisements

I don't want give out a specific location as it might be against the forum rules, but recently I've noticed a lot of activities like this going on while going to work and paid it no mind as I thought in this time and age they were obviously stings. But after recently driving towards a new storage area I noticed a lot more of these women walking around which seems legit. At first I thought it was the regular blue collar workers like the warehouse, cab drivers, or car repair/wash folks who were funding these walks, but then realized I never really seen the streetwalkers so active, the area is heavily under construction on most of its streets, could it be the construction workers?

I know some these women don't want to be saved but for their looks it's quite a shame they have to walk the street to meet ends meet. Addiction can also make some people do some ridiculous things. Ironically the area is home to many many city workers including correctional, and police officers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2018, 11:43 AM

2,731 posts, read 6,117,555 times
In the early 90s I think they always used to be around Foster? I remember back then driving with a boyfriend and he said, "Oh, that's XXX's dad in the car in front of us!". And then he pulled over to pick one up. He never mentioned that again. LOL I think their "clients" drive to them, so it's probably more that it's a dark, quiet area rather then there's a lot of business right there.

Old 08-24-2018, 12:22 PM

254 posts, read 391,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyPenguin View Post
I don't want give out a specific location as it might be against the forum rules, but recently I've noticed a lot of activities like this going on while going to work and paid it no mind as I thought in this time and age they were obviously stings. But after recently driving towards a new storage area I noticed a lot more of these women walking around which seems legit. At first I thought it was the regular blue collar workers like the warehouse, cab drivers, or car repair/wash folks who were funding these walks, but then realized I never really seen the streetwalkers so active, the area is heavily under construction on most of its streets, could it be the construction workers?

I know some these women don't want to be saved but for their looks it's quite a shame they have to walk the street to meet ends meet. Addiction can also make some people do some ridiculous things. Ironically the area is home to many many city workers including correctional, and police officers.
They were always there. Just in hiding; with the recent shutdowns of numerous advertising outlets, they are forced to market in other methods-- think more "hands on" approach.

Old 08-24-2018, 12:52 PM

106,646 posts, read 108,790,719 times
i saw them selling cookies on their corner . they were called somewhores .

Old 08-24-2018, 12:55 PM

1,486 posts, read 988,743 times
A lot of these street walkers are back on the street because the government shutdown Craigslist and Backpage so they cant sit at home, post an AD and decide who they want to see based on donations offered. The ones you see are the ones who don't know the new sites, don't have regulars that have their number, falling back in to the game, or trying to get new regulars because their regular either cant afford it or moved on (yep their price is on par with what a good lawyer charges hourly).

I use to know a few females like this, the problem with them is that they change their number so often its hard to get a hold of them especially when its time for a bachelor party and you need a good connect with friends in the same business who will perform adequality and not try to steal the customers money once the customer had one too many drinks. Plus they move around.

A few of the ones I knew tried to go the route of Facebook but didn't have the smarts to have 2 phone numbers and what they don't realize is the moment they give Facebook their number it starts suggesting them as a friend to anyone who has their number in their contacts with Facebook installed. This ended up costing them their regular 9-5 as allot of these street walkers have regular jobs like starbucks, bartender, fast food, etc. They just want extra cash

I knew females that would live in DC rent a cheap hotel in NYC, take the china town bus ride on a Friday afternoon, get to NYC, do their think Friday night and Saturday night, then by Sunday night take the overnight bus back to DC and be at work at 9am like nothing happened. Same with NY, they would take the bus or train to Boston do their thing and return in time for work.

Once they find out what the 3 new sites are you wont see them on the streets anymore. They will be back to posting ADs saying no AA, respectable generous men only, etc. lol

Old 08-24-2018, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietvam View Post
They were always there. Just in hiding; with the recent shutdowns of numerous advertising outlets, they are forced to market in other methods-- think more "hands on" approach.
There are still advertising outlets left but more elusive. One of the best ones is where you can post a review of the performer and the performer post a review of the client. If the client gets one too many negative reviews from different performers they can get blacklisted from the site. Same for the performer, if they get too many negative reviews they can get blacklisted as well....

Old 08-24-2018, 01:32 PM

254 posts, read 391,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
There are still advertising outlets left but more elusive. One of the best ones is where you can post a review of the performer and the performer post a review of the client. If the client gets one too many negative reviews from different performers they can get blacklisted from the site. Same for the performer, if they get too many negative reviews they can get blacklisted as well....
I never said there weren't any left-- just that numerous were shut down

Old 08-24-2018, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietvam View Post
I never said there weren't any left-- just that numerous were shut down
Touché.

Old 08-24-2018, 05:28 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,884,218 times
Hookers at the East. Somebody call HBO

Old 08-24-2018, 05:53 PM

3,730 posts, read 3,466,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
A lot of these street walkers are back on the street because the government shutdown Craigslist and Backpage so they cant sit at home, post an AD and decide who they want to see based on donations offered. The ones you see are the ones who don't know the new sites, don't have regulars that have their number, falling back in to the game, or trying to get new regulars because their regular either cant afford it or moved on (yep their price is on par with what a good lawyer charges hourly).

I use to know a few females like this, the problem with them is that they change their number so often its hard to get a hold of them especially when its time for a bachelor party and you need a good connect with friends in the same business who will perform adequality and not try to steal the customers money once the customer had one too many drinks. Plus they move around.

A few of the ones I knew tried to go the route of Facebook but didn't have the smarts to have 2 phone numbers and what they don't realize is the moment they give Facebook their number it starts suggesting them as a friend to anyone who has their number in their contacts with Facebook installed. This ended up costing them their regular 9-5 as allot of these street walkers have regular jobs like starbucks, bartender, fast food, etc. They just want extra cash

I knew females that would live in DC rent a cheap hotel in NYC, take the china town bus ride on a Friday afternoon, get to NYC, do their think Friday night and Saturday night, then by Sunday night take the overnight bus back to DC and be at work at 9am like nothing happened. Same with NY, they would take the bus or train to Boston do their thing and return in time for work.

Once they find out what the 3 new sites are you wont see them on the streets anymore. They will be back to posting ADs saying no AA, respectable generous men only, etc. lol
You sure have a lot of knowledge on this particular subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: