Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 08:33 PM

3,735 posts, read 3,467,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
the law allows it. but it is overly aggressive and unnecessary. we dont want to live in a police state where cops go around looking at everyone for anything to harass them for. we can live peacefully without such a strong presence. you should have a problem with randoms but hey that is how they take away your freedom. little by little.

oh and yeah, police steal more from citizens via asset forfeiture than all of the burglaries by "criminals" combined.
You should really think about moving to a less police-y country. You might be happier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2018, 08:50 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,152,073 times
This is an illegal road block. I call cops on it and turn on YouTube live Feed if it is happening to me. Eff That! Nazis on the prowl to get their quota.

I'm taxed enough to pay police to tax me more? No way jose.

Road blocks are only permitted during holidays, on the main streets,looking for drunks. Slowing me down to take a peek is a no no.

I had this happen to me, rookies popping from between 2 vans, to flash a light in my face. Cases get thrown out for this behavior, with a lawyer.

Old 08-31-2018, 01:12 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
You should really think about moving to a less police-y country. You might be happier.
the response is interesting. i guess it varies from local area to local area. it seems a lot of people in nyc think its perfectly fine for cops to patrol buildings and murder people in the stairwell. i guess some have been trained to accept the government intrusion of blocking roads and harassing people and actually perceive it as good.

i assure you that in my suburban town in nj, we would not be so ok with this constant police intrusion. as a group, we accept some intrusion but we have to set limits. in some countries, the police can stop you and ask for your ID at any time. in some (like north korea) they can probably just drag you into their station for questioning.

standing in the street to intimate people and harass people for minor violations is beyond my comfort level and beyond people in my town. but if you dont mind being treated like a prisoner then thats great for you.

Old 08-31-2018, 03:53 PM

19,046 posts, read 13,959,968 times
The cops in NJ are far more aggressive in enforcing traffic violations that in NYC. Not even close.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 09-01-2018, 07:17 PM

1,422 posts, read 725,473 times
Ocean Parkway is basically a giant "Vision Zero" cashgrab for DeBlasio. I try to avoid using that street whenever I'm around that section of Brooklyn. I feel sorry for the people that drive and live around there.

Old 09-01-2018, 09:11 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
It's the last holiday weekend of the season, so time to hit those quotas. Also Lincoln HS is near the intersection, so it's time to remind drivers that schools are about to open. It's always the last few blocks near CI Hospital and on the other end of OP when it turns into the Prospect Expy.

Old 09-02-2018, 04:00 PM

16,072 posts, read 6,843,318 times
What is so hard to understand people.
Revenue, Revenue, Revenue.
The city is scraping the bottom of the barrel supporting all the free loaders in this city.
Hard working honest folks especially the homeowners are being taxed into extinction
more than any other city dweller and are reciprocating by finally leaving the state.
The money has to come from some where else.
It is fairer to ticket those in non compliance with the law than those just owning a home.
Policing has contributed 1.9 billion dollars in 2016 surpassing toll bridges.
Stop your bitching. Have your inspection,registration, car safeties up to date,wear a seat belt ,
don't use the phone while driving,don't speed, don't drink or smoke pot while driving
and you will be O.K.
Now is that so hard?

Old 09-06-2018, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
The cops in NJ are far more aggressive in enforcing traffic violations that in NYC. Not even close.
seriously? all the sudden about 1-2 years ago the blue state police cars started flooding the roads in nyc. so now you have city and state cops pulling people over like crazy. so many road pirates and they look very busy to me.

i got the sense that you are a cop. what would you say about police violating driving laws when not on the way to an emergency?

Old 09-06-2018, 10:41 AM

19,046 posts, read 13,959,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i got the sense that you are a cop. what would you say about police violating driving laws when not on the way to an emergency?
I would ask what illegal radio you have that informs you that they aren't.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 09-06-2018, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I would ask what illegal radio you have that informs you that they aren't.
this is just a hypothetical scenario airborneguy. let's assume they arent. what would be your opinion on it? unless you are suggesting that it flat out never happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City