Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 03:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,354 times

Advertisements

According to links below, rent stabilized apartments can have their rent deregulated due to high income. So if one or both partners make a total of over $200K for 2 years, the rent can become destabilized. Anyone can confirm?

[url=http://www.nyshcr.org/Rent/FactSheets/orafac36.htm]Fact Sheet #36: High-Rent Vacancy Deregulation and High-Rent High-Income Deregulation[/url]

[url]https://www1.nyc.gov/site/rentguidelinesboard/resources/deregulation.page[/url]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2018, 03:18 PM

965 posts, read 1,104,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
OP is confident that it will work out so they are jumping in with both feet. Hopefully it will work out for them and the money they save by living together they can put it together to move up to a bigger apartment for more space for a child or buy a house or coop.

Honestly, I personally wouldn't do it unless I have a backup plan due to anything can happen. Ive already been in that situation of partners don't know the meaning of personal space causing me to end relationships. like if im in the bathroom brushing my teeth or taking a shower don't come up in there and use the toilet regardless if its a 1 or 2. NO!, don't sit on the toilet. Same as using the bathroom, If they are in there, close the damn door! I don't need to know they are in there sitting on the toilet.
THIIISSSSS

Especially if it's number 2. Sh*t and hot steamy soapy smell does not mix. Ohhhhh... that odor. I am crying.

Old 09-06-2018, 07:02 PM

31,588 posts, read 26,439,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbund9000 View Post
According to links below, rent stabilized apartments can have their rent deregulated due to high income. So if one or both partners make a total of over $200K for 2 years, the rent can become destabilized. Anyone can confirm?

Fact Sheet #36: High-Rent Vacancy Deregulation and High-Rent High-Income Deregulation

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/rentguidel...egulation.page

While that is true in theory, many of these "low income" or whatever lottery apartments are "permanently affordable" by agreement with city. So what happens when or if a tenant(s) reach luxury decontrol income levels likely is spelled out in contractual agreements.

Then again maybe not but it does raise interesting questions, and can show once again how two-faced the whole RS system/affordable housing system truly is on ground.

Old 09-06-2018, 08:37 PM

1,516 posts, read 1,804,052 times
logical guess would be definitely a +1 is allowed
you can't force someone to be single, right?

only question would be if you're allowed +1 and children or +2

Old 09-06-2018, 11:54 PM

1,486 posts, read 973,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgr555 View Post

I have personally never seen an affordable apartment that have 3 occupants in a 1 bedroom. The max ive ever seen is 2 in 1 bedroom. 4 in a 2 bedroom. etc.

Maximum is usually 2 occupants max per bedroom.

Old 09-07-2018, 12:58 AM

6,680 posts, read 8,181,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgr555 View Post

I know someone in a studio. She got pregnant by her boyfriend so now her, him and the baby live in the studio.

Old 09-10-2018, 05:51 AM

3,570 posts, read 3,735,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadeonHD4250 View Post
THIIISSSSS

Especially if it's number 2. Sh*t and hot steamy soapy smell does not mix. Ohhhhh... that odor. I am crying.
Fair enough, but then you better not be taking some two hour showers when there is only one bathroom.

Old 01-30-2019, 05:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23NYC View Post
Well, he has been living there for 2 1/2 years not really moving in with him after he signed the lease . We have never lived together. I wish I could get an answer from someone who was in my shoes.
Did you move in what happened?? I might be in this predicament soon?

Old 01-30-2019, 06:06 PM

4,727 posts, read 6,409,776 times
I would say that you can move in after six months or so, or a year if you really want to play it safe. The affordable housing program understands that people’s lives change.

To my knowledge there is no actual rule that specifies when another person can move in. If you move in quickly, your boyfriend can be charged with fraud for lying about the size of his household and the amount of money coming in.

The exception would be if your boyfriend has to requalify annually. In that case, when your income is added to his, the household income might be too high. The answer will be in his lease.

Old 01-31-2019, 02:24 PM

25,341 posts, read 36,836,839 times
Hells's Kitchen vs Hong Kong....best laugh of the day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: