Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 06:42 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
It was English Education. I’m sorry you apparently don’t have a degree in anything and are so jealous. Watch out for the women you now so obviously fear and learn how to behave!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2018, 06:49 PM

2,211 posts, read 1,573,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
We have laws against criminal behavior and these laws require warrants, indictments and trials.
With ME TOO, all you need are allegations to have your life and career destroyed.

Best I heard last month was a woman charging a man had date raped her on a Saturday and the NEXT Saturday, when she dated him AGAIN, he date-raped her AGAIN.
At what point do we see some of these women as NUTS, LIARS, and money-grubbing opportunists?
Let me guess.. The male there had no idea? Just that, all of a sudden, he was being accused of a rape?

I'm video-recording any and all encounters I have with females now.

Old 09-11-2018, 07:06 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,566,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
Julie Chen is not a host on The View. She's on a similar style talk show in the afternoon, but I don't ever watch it so I don't know the name of it.

But I do like to watch Big Brother. It's my favorite show on tv and the only nework tv show I watch religiously each season. I think she will keep both her jobs in my opinion because she is so popular and well-liked by the general public. I think she'll keep hosting her shows as long as that's what she wants to do and they are on the air. She seems to enjoy doing them. Pay is good. Work is not all that hard and lots of benefits. She gets to be on tv. What's not to like?

Everybody knows she's not responsible for her husbands behavior. For all we know, she may be glad he had affairs, because that means less time she had to be with him. He looks like he's at least 25 years older than her, and she's probably close to 50, but she looks like she could be 35 and he looks every bit of 75. For all anybody knows, she might already been having a side-stud for the past several years. If Julie Chen has been giving it up solely to Les Moonves all these years, I say Julie Chen deserves every dime she can get out of him.

The only enticing thing Les Moonves has to offer is opportunity and money that is in the same category as Donald Trump. He's beyond rich. He's a mogul. He certainly wasn't getting those women on his good looks or his un-athletic toned body shape.

In a way, Les Moonves and Donald Trump are very much alike. They are both Sugar Daddys that married Trophy Wives. Julie Chen and Melania Trump should start a club, or a support group.
Melania Trump knew what she was getting into. She married a playboy. They have had separate bedrooms for years. I don't feel sorry for her. She needs a therapist vs. a support group to figure out what is so attractive about that marriage.

Old 09-11-2018, 07:46 PM

4,505 posts, read 4,617,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
Melania Trump knew what she was getting into. She married a playboy. They have had separate bedrooms for years. I don't feel sorry for her. She needs a therapist vs. a support group to figure out what is so attractive about that marriage.
I don't feel sorry for either one of them. I doubt Melania ever thought she would be the First Lady of the United States when she married Trump. I think she will divorce him once his Presidency is over. I think she's totally disgusted with him. I've never seen her look happy when she is with him. I did see her look happier with the President of France than she ever looked when she's with Donald. I bet she feels trapped. She would leave now but I bet there's a clause somewhere she walks away with nothing if she divorces Donald while he's president.

Old 09-11-2018, 09:33 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,768,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
This is a business transaction for her. She's getting what she wants and she's fine with it.

Old 09-12-2018, 06:32 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
We have laws against criminal behavior and these laws require warrants, indictments and trials.
With ME TOO, all you need are allegations to have your life and career destroyed.

Best I heard last month was a woman charging a man had date raped her on a Saturday and the NEXT Saturday, when she dated him AGAIN, he date-raped her AGAIN.
At what point do we see some of these women as NUTS, LIARS, and money-grubbing opportunists?
Actually NY is an at will employment state where ones employer can terminate the employment at any time for any reason. Ditto California.

So the industry is in states that legally allow termination of employment at any time for any reason. No criminal trial is therefore required to remove someone for lying down on the job. Moonves claims his encounters with some of these women were consensual. That means he was having sex with his employees and you can indeed be fired for laying down on the job. Guys will have to learn don’t crap where you eat.

Basically do not try to sleep with people you have professional relationships with.

Lastly some of these men have been prosecuted and Cosby is the first to be convicted. Weinstein is next. Stop defending these dirty old men.

Old 09-12-2018, 07:48 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer1 View Post
Let me guess.. The male there had no idea? Just that, all of a sudden, he was being accused of a rape?

I'm video-recording any and all encounters I have with females now.
You may want to SERIOUSLY reconsider that video taping. THat would probably cost you your home and your job. (Unless you are His Orangeness or the Pope..)

Old 09-12-2018, 09:46 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by propman-nyc View Post
I'm still not buying it. This MeToo movement is nothing but a socially acceptable process of legalized violence against men. If their cases are not proven in a court of law then MeToo women should not be able to walk free, and they should serve jail sentences.

The majority of these MeToo women are total losers and you know it.
On the contrary it hits back against men in authority that used to propel women above others if they take up on advances made in the office. Now all execs are up in arms about even a closed door meeting with a female. My boss now would only have closed door meetings with men and he does meetings with women in the glass room. He's afraid. I think it also propels women who have been left behind because they do their work but got leapfrog by women who get intimate with bosses. I saw promotions of women who used to just do their jobs but get passed during promotions. There are definitely positives for both working men and women.

Old 09-12-2018, 10:13 AM

769 posts, read 1,015,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
It was English Education. I’m sorry you apparently don’t have a degree in anything and are so jealous. Watch out for the women you now so obviously fear and learn how to behave!

You are a purveyor of fake news. Everyone here knows that. I seriously doubt your proclaimed education credentials.

Your mannerisms and writing syntax are more reflective of someone with an online degree from University Of New Hampshire.

Why do you always try to boast on this forum about your dull uninspired life?

Old 09-12-2018, 07:01 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/12/b...ves-board.html

The board definitively decided to fire Moonves when it was revealed he tried to get a woman a job in order to buy her silence. Obviously he was leaving the company open to blackmail. Hiring someone in order to keep their silence about sex, whether consensual or forced is definitely grounds for termination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City