Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 09:55 AM

21 posts, read 15,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by propman-nyc View Post
Missduchat, life is probably easier for you down in Florida. In NYC you may not just waltz into a 75k job with no connections to the City. Nepotism can be a big thing here with employment even at minimum wage jobs. Then again you may have luck with it. NY is a great city but it can also take people down.

With NYC dating you are going to be in a different league and that means you have to look better than you do down in Florida. There are plenty of articles about women who can not find a guy in NYC and they are slim and dateable, but with ruined and spoiled attitudes too, I suppose. It is not a settle down type of place because during posting this I have seen at least 50 women who look better than you.

It is judgmental to say this but in Manhattan you are going to see mostly slim girls with fitted clothes. That might be different down in Florida.

You can find many more people out in Bergen County that want to settle down. The hard truth is that men biologically do not always want to be with a New York City girl because it is usually clear she has slept around with a lot of dudes and she may be more experienced with dating than the ordinary marriable type of guys.
Wow, thank you propman-nyc for your input. As honest as this post might have seem in your head, it does not necessarily come across as though however. How do you know what league I will be in when you have no clue who I am, that is not judgmental, it is down right ignorant. Just because your read Black Woman does not automatically put me in any league. You don't know me enough to say the things you just said and that is okay, there are people like you everywhere and being the person that I am, I know how to deal with your kind. Well, it's nice to know that I would be out of your league cause I would hate to be in your league with your perceptions, stereotypes, ignorance and level of education.

Thank you for wasting your time under my post though!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2018, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by propman-nyc View Post
Okay men do not like slim healthy women. Happy now?
Slim does not mean healthy. And men have different tastes. Say YOU like slim AND healthy women. There is nothing wrong with having preferences propman - kudos to you for knowing what you want in a potential mate.
It's funny how you assume I am unhealthy and not slim without knowing me personally.

Thank you!

Old 09-27-2018, 10:08 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,574,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missduchat View Post
Slim does not mean healthy. And men have different tastes. Say YOU like slim AND healthy women. There is nothing wrong with having preferences propman - kudos to you for knowing what you want in a potential mate.
It's funny how you assume I am unhealthy and not slim without knowing me personally.

Thank you!
Your intelligence is NYC sexy. Move here. Your going to find your intellectual male match. You are awesome.

Old 09-27-2018, 10:25 AM

1,121 posts, read 586,107 times
Missduchat, I never assumed much of you but my roommates are native NYC girls. I guess some people would say it is ignorant to think that a persons looks matter much in New Yorks dating world.

None of us make as much money as you do so that could be a game changer. Since I always rented rooms here I cannot recall ever living with somebody that makes as much money as you do so you just may find your way.

Good luck

Old 09-27-2018, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Your intelligence is NYC sexy. Move here. Your going to find your intellectual male match. You are awesome.
Thank you!

Old 09-28-2018, 04:35 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,836,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javawood View Post
My friend made the move from Orlando to my apartment (lol) and it worked wonders for him. He, Brazilian immigrant at the time recently naturalized couldn't land a job, or if there was an offer, it was low balled and nearly 2 hours away (Orlando). He moved, we partied, I told him not to worry, and he got a job in 2.5 months making nearly as much as I did at the time. To say the least, he lived much better and had much more fun here in NYC than he did in the 10 years he had lived in Florida.

YMMV. Take the quantitative and qualitative into account and go from there. In NYC itself there's a variety of lifestyles though things are faster paced for sure. I also am not into clubbing (except in Tokyo!!), beaches, or fishing and I still have a great time here even after 8 years. Find your niche and have at it, just make sure you can afford it.
Yes a lot of Brazilians coming up here from FL lately and making a lot of $$$$

I'm sure their cultural networks have something to do with it. A lot of them moving to ATL as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: