Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 07:45 AM

25,363 posts, read 36,908,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
They're probably giving it to family of current residents and their friends.
That is standard operating procedure. Woman resident has two kids...by the time the kids are 19, they each have their own apartment and mother keeps the two or three bedroom.. Happens with great regularity in my building and it SUCKS. THat's why it took us 17 years to move 150 spots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2018, 10:11 AM

1,339 posts, read 1,665,824 times
The veteran preference IS the law. Unavoidable.

Old 11-12-2018, 06:52 AM

25,363 posts, read 36,908,741 times
We have veteran preference and the next building that also gives us Community Board preference, we will apply to (unless it has "make your own electrical resistance heating.") I will NEVER live with that again, nor will I go for SMALLER again.

Old 11-15-2018, 09:10 PM

56 posts, read 91,370 times
All affordable housing system is corrupted. I heard from friend that in some Mitchell-lama buildings in south Brooklyn you able to buy place in first row without waiting depend how much you pay to the building's management!!!! He even adviced prices for me for various bedrooms!!!!!!

Old 12-28-2018, 04:16 AM

61 posts, read 84,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadypinesma View Post
The veteran preference IS the law. Unavoidable.
I don't have a problem or issue with the veteran's preference. The reality is that preference isn't a "veterans get first dibs" situation. It is VERY specific, meaning you have to have served in specific wars to qualify. When you review what wars and do the math, the veterans preference is not a huge factor at all.

IMO, they are just using it as an excuse to not give you the run around, the reason why the wait is so long, etc.

Old 01-04-2019, 07:13 PM

3 posts, read 5,266 times
I mailed my application and money order two months ago to the management office but haven't heard from them since. Has anyone got a confirmation letter or something from the management office after submitting the application? Thanks!

Old 01-05-2019, 04:28 PM

1,402 posts, read 2,014,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry85 View Post
All affordable housing system is corrupted. I heard from friend that in some Mitchell-lama buildings in south Brooklyn you able to buy place in first row without waiting depend how much you pay to the building's management!!!! He even adviced prices for me for various bedrooms!!!!!!
I believe that - the last lottery application process for the Towers of Bay Ridge Mitchell-Lama was all kinds of shady, with bad addresses put out there, and extremely short turnaround times during the holidays, so many people didn't even get the chance to get an application because their mail was returned.

Old 01-05-2019, 07:05 PM

3 posts, read 5,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popartist View Post
I believe that - the last lottery application process for the Towers of Bay Ridge Mitchell-Lama was all kinds of shady, with bad addresses put out there, and extremely short turnaround times during the holidays, so many people didn't even get the chance to get an application because their mail was returned.
I was talking about lottery for St. James Towers' not the Towers of Bay Ridge.

Old 01-06-2019, 11:27 AM

1,402 posts, read 2,014,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burberrytea View Post
I was talking about lottery for St. James Towers' not the Towers of Bay Ridge.
I know this thread is about St. James Towers, but you mentioned buildings in south Brooklyn, and I was giving some corroboration on that...

Old 01-07-2019, 07:48 AM

8 posts, read 10,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burberrytea View Post
I mailed my application and money order two months ago to the management office but haven't heard from them since. Has anyone got a confirmation letter or something from the management office after submitting the application? Thanks!
I actually went to the office to submit my application and the only thing I received was a dated receipt with my log number, the last 4 digits of my social, and a checkbox saying the deposit money was refundable upon written request.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery