Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 04:38 PM

1,121 posts, read 590,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
I think that the issue with this entire forum is that a lot of people are uninformed or live in a bubble with ignorance and you can clearly tell the posters age by how their views are.

People hated on me when I lived in NYCHA while was making decent money and kept bashing me about I only pay $500 in rent and I should give up the apartment. When I then told them that not how it works and my rent is actually 30% of my gross or a flat rent for that bedroom size (which ever one is higher) and found out I was paying $200 more that them in rent than their affordable apartment all of a sudden they got quiet. Im like yea, come hear the mice fight each other in the walls while you try to sleep, come wake up with no hot water when you got to got to work, come get this cheap rent that's more than yours with worse conditions. Oh you don't want it? lol
LOL

REPPPPed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2018, 04:56 PM

8,935 posts, read 4,759,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Sometimes I wonder if I belong in NYC. I am happy with my salary. Very grateful and at peace. I even gave up a promotion to get paid less then I could and give up thousands of dollars in OT. I am a NYer, just grateful to be able to have a car and be able to go out to dinner witb the family regularly, baseball games. I hope to be able to let my daughter keep my house. Its not new. Shoot, I wish I could have had parents who could have been able to support me a little. No hating here.
You have a very good positive outlook in life. My take is as long as you're healthy, have a roof over your head, enough food on the table, friends & family that care about you and vice versa, you're all set and already "rich".

Last edited by Aeran; 09-27-2018 at 05:49 PM..

Old 09-27-2018, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javawood View Post
Before or after you come kill mine? Also the misquitos, I'm allergic to their bites though with it getting colder, they seemed to have died off. Woo!
Not around here. It was 80 degrees yesterday and I got 3 mosquito bites just taking a stroll around the park. I can't wait for Fall weather to come but they're saying more 80 degree weather next week. I've got to make a run to get OFF Active.

Old 09-27-2018, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
JW, I haven't gotten a single bite this year...WOOO.
How...in the name of God...have you managed that?!

Old 09-27-2018, 05:36 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,596,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
You have a very good positive outlook in life. My take is as long as your healthy, have a roof over your head, enough food on the table, friends & family that care about you and vice versa, you're all set and already "rich".
Thank you very much. I am touched. You know its not always easy. Human beings are inclined to complain, to covet, to envy, and to resent otbers. I feel like that often, but I practice active gratitude until it passes. Yet, again, thanks. As long as I am able to work I Will be ok.

Old 09-27-2018, 05:45 PM

34,017 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
I think that the issue with this entire forum is that a lot of people are uninformed or live in a bubble with ignorance and you can clearly tell the posters age by how their views are.

People hated on me when I lived in NYCHA while was making decent money and kept bashing me about I only pay $500 in rent and I should give up the apartment. When I then told them that not how it works and my rent is actually 30% of my gross or a flat rent for that bedroom size (which ever one is higher) and found out I was paying $200 more that them in rent than their affordable apartment all of a sudden they got quiet. Im like yea, come hear the mice fight each other in the walls while you try to sleep, come wake up with no hot water when you got to got to work, come get this cheap rent that's more than yours with worse conditions. Oh you don't want it? lol

People hate until the shoes are on their feet and its like "oh I didn't know it was this bad" like they didn't see people complaining about falling ceilings, mold growing, etc

Ohhh that no hot water Shhh!

I deal with that in my high-class housing project too (admittedly it's been a while tho)

Screw anybody who says I'm getting a handout

You're not taking bird baths consecutive days in a row, I've had to do it before!

Or sometimes you just grit your teeth and take the cold shower cause otherwise you'll be late to work boiling the water

Anybody that looks down on M-L or NYCHA is SCUM

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 09-27-2018, 05:49 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,596,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post

I deal with that in my high-class housing project too (admittedly it's been a while tho)

You're not taking bird baths consecutive days in a row, I've had to do it before!

Or sometimes you just grit your teeth and take the cold shower cause otherwise you'll be late to work boiling the water

You live in a ML in Soundview ? What Ave ?

Old 09-27-2018, 06:06 PM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post

Cold showers are good for you. I live by it. You should read up on Wim Hof.

Old 09-27-2018, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
You live in a ML in Soundview ? What Ave ?
I don't live in the Bronx, where did you get that from

Old 09-27-2018, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Cold showers are good for you. I live by it. You should read up on Wim Hof.
Heard of him, not interested

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City