Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 10:47 AM

133 posts, read 129,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
Been stuck many times in project elevators waiting 3 - 5 hours for fire department to come and get us out. Now im cool as a cucumber whenever im stuck in any confined space
That used to happen to me but that was before when the elevators had an additional door and kids would pull the door open just when the elevator would start it's going up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2018, 10:53 AM

6,192 posts, read 7,330,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
was gonna say, the worst part of that would be the reeking stench of p|ss

Yup. I think the smell would be the worst part. And if you're with a ton of people (think about the times when everyone squeezes onto an elevator) and then the panic ensues. Blech.

Once when I was in college, my friend was trapped in an elevator. She was ringing the bell and it was later in the day so not a ton of people were around. She managed to have the tiniest bit of cell phone reception and called me to tell me she was stuck. I went to security and they were all oblivious. Eventually, they went to rescue her and she was stuck between floors, alone.

She got to class very late the professor said, "Oh yeah, I did hear someone ringing the bell in the elevator."

Old 10-03-2018, 11:26 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,605,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Big capacity elevators that break down all the time. Imagine being stuck in there with a clausterphobic crazie that starts going off

One of us (crazy and I) would die

Old 10-03-2018, 11:46 AM

3,114 posts, read 2,689,009 times
This is one of the reasons I rule out moving to Washington Heights--cannot stand the thought of being reliant on those elevators. Those stations are nightmares in themselves, too.

Those people deserve pain and suffering payments!

Old 10-03-2018, 12:16 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,071,619 times
This is one of the worst "stuck in elevator" stories I've heard in NY. I guess even worse than that would be if someone died in there. N.Y. deliveryman stuck in elevator 3 days - US news - Weird news | NBC News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: