Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2018, 06:24 PM

16,035 posts, read 6,840,321 times

Advertisements

When one thinks of Coney Island one instantly gyrates towards the amusement park and the boardwalk.
Well there I was today. Just decided to take a drive and check out the place. Found muni meter parking near
the boardwalk. Grabbed a delicious ice at the concession stand. The boardwalk was in nice shape. The sand which
met the boardwalk was fine and felt silky smooth. There was a blanket fog but the sun did try to clear things up.
Many nice folks on the beach. There are signs of new and ongoing construction.

It just looked and felt so run down....... It felt cluttered and dirty. There was a significant police presence.
What the heck? .....................The place looks like it went 15 rounds with Ali....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2018, 06:53 PM

779 posts, read 1,003,806 times
Drove to coney island this morning for some ihop, it was peaceful and quiet other than the construction going on surf and west 8th, and infront of mcu park. Otherwise it was clean and empty coney island, offseason vibes, saw a few tourists getting off at stillwell ave.

A guy was feeding the meter, heard him say 25cents used to give you 15mins, now it gives you 10mins. Lol

Old 10-10-2018, 08:20 PM

295 posts, read 281,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired

It just looked and felt so run down....... It felt cluttered and dirty. There was a significant police presence.
What the heck? .....................The place looks like it went 15 rounds with Ali....
The place did go 15 rounds with Ali. And it's still standing. What were you expecting? I think most boardwalk areas (which are seedy to begin with) look pretty bleak in the off-season.

I went there 2 or 3 times with my daughters over the last couple years. Actually it was better than I expected. Some of the amusement blocks are pretty ancient and claustrophobic but it was fun. Interesting international flavor but I live on the upper east side so pretty much anything is interesting. I don't recall an alarming police presence but it was pretty crowded. My biggest disappointment was the show at the NY Aquarium.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City