Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 01:59 PM

192 posts, read 186,351 times

Advertisements

Yeah the higher AMI I don't see much point to those, but I supposed if it's a luxury building and the rest are paying 5k if you pay 2.5k helps? They do have trouble to fill the higher AMIs because they are very close to market rate if not more expensive in some cases.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2018, 02:20 PM

994 posts, read 1,053,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedThatApt View Post
Yeah the higher AMI I don't see much point to those, but I supposed if it's a luxury building and the rest are paying 5k if you pay 2.5k helps? They do have trouble to fill the higher AMIs because they are very close to market rate if not more expensive in some cases.
heard dat

Its not half, but there is a discount for sure. I'm happy-

Old 10-20-2018, 03:29 PM

6,669 posts, read 5,957,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedThatApt View Post
Yeah that, and no one wants to live with people who are paying a special discount while it seems one is a fool paying in the thousands

Old 10-21-2018, 07:14 AM

25,351 posts, read 36,900,734 times
Hell hat no fury than a man who sees another man getting a better bargain.

Old 10-23-2018, 09:23 AM

994 posts, read 1,053,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Hell hat no fury than a man who sees another man getting a better bargain.
Its a trickle down effect. I'm affordable but I'm mad at the person living in the same line as me on a higher floor paying $900

Old 10-24-2018, 01:57 PM

1,486 posts, read 977,646 times
@ MannerundKatze

Ideally you should be able to set up an appointment with them to perform the inspection while someone is at home and they will just do their check list. When I was in NYCHA they just came to check the batteries were working in the smoke alarm, carbon monoxide detector, how many AC units were installed, if there was a washing machine, deep freezer, etc. Also they checked if any doors to the bedrooms or bathroom were damaged, if there was the fire safety sticker on the back of the boor to enter the unit, if air vent in the bathroom was working or mold was growing, and living conditions like if we were hoarding animals.

If you did not change the lock cylinders, added a second lock to the door to your unit, or your signed lease states you cannot add an additional lock, or they have the authority to enter your unit while you are not home for emergencies or inspections I suggest you set up cameras. Point one to the main door, and one in each bedroom getting as much of the bedroom in camera field of view as possible.

When I travel and stay in luxury apartments there is only 1 lock on the door and the building have the right to enter at any reasonable time but they usually give an advanced notice. Most of the times they enter to change out the filter on the central air unit while im at work but I always travel with an IP camera and set it up so I can see whose coming in and what they are doing.

Last edited by SoullessOne; 10-24-2018 at 02:42 PM..

Old 10-24-2018, 02:38 PM

192 posts, read 186,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Yeah that, and no one wants to live with people who are paying a special discount while it seems one is a fool paying in the thousands
I don't care, but I've learned that people really really like to look at others people's plate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery