Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 07:50 PM

15,854 posts, read 6,658,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHuskies View Post
Trump's agenda = generating more material for SNL skits?

Sorry,no SNL.
He may have small hands and recently nicknamed " tiny" but didn't he get to sleep ( public opinion ) with that blonde?
Rated X
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2018, 01:31 AM

202 posts, read 163,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
So you aren't an independent given that your decision was made long before the candidates announced their decision to run.
Fake news.

I am indeed a registered independent and do not have an affinity to any political party. When, and if, a democrat warrants my vote they will get it. My first vote was for Ross Perot in 1992.

Old 10-19-2018, 01:39 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,594,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Well stated.
Conservative.................
Yep, I've always been. I was raised as such, but moreso it just makes sense to me. I burgeon on it vs Libertarian live and let live. That voice will be forever unsung particularly here in NYC. In a way, I like Tokyo more than I would otherwise because it's such a conservative culture

Old 10-19-2018, 11:46 AM

25,341 posts, read 36,862,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedThatApt View Post
. And He's very smart.

So he tells us at every opportunity in the hopes that we will take his word for it instead of the evidence of our eyes and ears to the contrary.

Old 10-19-2018, 12:34 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,507,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kefir king View Post
so he tells us at every opportunity in the hopes that we will take his word for it instead of the evidence of our eyes and ears to the contrary.
+1

Old 10-19-2018, 03:26 PM

5,425 posts, read 5,655,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
take your phones into the polls with you and look them up quickly before you pull that lever or press that button.
A day before or during the election day I usually do an online search for NY ballot to see whats on it. When I am going to the actual poll site, I am already decided on how I will fill it out.

Old 10-19-2018, 03:30 PM
exm

3,701 posts, read 1,749,679 times
You have to also think bigger picture when you vote, instead of voting down party lines.

For example, if Democrats take a few NYS Senate seats, plus the AG seat there will be a full democratic control of New York State. Don't know about you, but that's a recipe for disastrous policies. So let's say you're a democrat and in full anti-Trump mode, a vote for a Republican AG might be an option to keep the governor and Albany in check. Heck, maybe we'll see some more politicians in jail. And for the record, the State AG playing games going after President Trump is an utter waste of resource. They should focus and clean house in our own state.

Old 10-19-2018, 05:39 PM

18,851 posts, read 13,745,358 times
Democrats are hellbent on gutting the 2nd Amendment. I will never vote for a democrat, even if they were a family member.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 10-19-2018, 06:06 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,472,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
So he tells us at every opportunity in the hopes that we will take his word for it instead of the evidence of our eyes and ears to the contrary.

Funny things is that even his own cabinet members laugh at him behind his back. Even Nikki Haley recently had people rolling on the ground with jokes at his expense, and she hasn't even left the job yet. She reminded people that the entire world laughed at Trump when he boasted that he was the best president ever. I think its the embarrassment of that which led her to quit her job.

Old 10-20-2018, 07:28 AM

15,854 posts, read 6,658,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javawood View Post
Yep, I've always been. I was raised as such, but moreso it just makes sense to me. I burgeon on it vs Libertarian live and let live. That voice will be forever unsung particularly here in NYC. In a way, I like Tokyo more than I would otherwise because it's such a conservative culture

I could find myself blending in to any conservative way of life.
Respect for family,self,people, culture and country. Be responsible
for one self. Help others in need. Accept help humbly when needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City