Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 07:40 PM

779 posts, read 1,003,806 times

Advertisements

At this point in time, I don’t think Bloomberg would run because he planned or really wants to.

The democrats are on their knees begging him to run.

I would vote for him as president.

As we all know, he’s the only one that stands a real chance against Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2018, 07:43 PM

202 posts, read 165,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Wow. Brilliant!
It's sad that one can not get elected simply on a distinguished past and merit.
Only a WASP or some other earthly insect can sneak in under the doors from
the back of the White House.
I agree. Other than maybe JFK and Obama, I believe just about every other president was "WASPY." Meaning they are English protestant descendants. Even Trump is Scottish wasp.

Old 10-23-2018, 03:08 AM

6,222 posts, read 3,597,419 times
Bloomberg is NOT a conservative, he could never run as a Republican. He'd get fried on his anti gun stance alone

Old 10-23-2018, 05:58 AM

43,646 posts, read 44,375,612 times
I didn't vote for him for mayor but he might be a better fit for president.

Old 10-23-2018, 12:06 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,615,922 times
I'd vote for him, I prefer his analytical approach to things instead of the actors we've had for 40 years.

Old 10-23-2018, 03:25 PM

137 posts, read 138,404 times
I voted for him his 2nd term, but wouldn't vote for him for president. Simply enough, his 12 years as mayor was mediocre at best. His affordable housing plan never came quite to fruition (and yes I understand the housing market played a strong hand in derailing things), his 'policy' maneuvers of note included a soda tax (that didn't work), cigarette ban, and a failed attempt at a commuter tax to defray costs of transit. The leadership he filled much of the city agencies with were lackluster as well so it's not surprising DHS was in shambles (while homeless families grew under his watch), ACS was ever so problematic, NYPD had a few different cases it needed to payout settlements for (which comes out of our tax dollars) and NYCHA well the mold never went anywhere nor the lead, and he started the process of selling public housing to developers (his administration authored the policy to sell parking lots to for-profit entities supposedly to defray the costs of aging housing stock under the city's stewardship).

To be fair I can't think of any NYC mayor in the last fifty years I would vote for .... in the same way that I don't like governors from weak governship states I am not a fan of the types that make decent mayors in the city and that type being the 'leader of the free world'. While Trump and Bloomie have different temperaments they are both are opportunistic business folks and that mindset while good at generating wealth is not good for the majority of the folks in the united states - which the president should be making policy for.

Old 10-24-2018, 03:41 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,597,722 times
Yes, he isn't perfect. Yet, he based his choices on information. He was not a divisive mayor. He on balance was fair to the borough's. I trust him to really hire the " Best people ". Plus he did not inherit 400,000,000 from dad to start his empire.

Old 10-24-2018, 04:02 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,476,108 times
yes

Old 10-24-2018, 04:18 PM

15,592 posts, read 15,665,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WithDisp View Post
Had Bernie Sanders run the Democratic Ticket, quite likely he'd have won. I don't think people outside of New York State even know what an 'Ethnic Italian' is. Frankly, it's Bloombergs' height and stage presence that would harm him.

Didn't care for him as Mayor. Would be interesting to see him run up against Trump though.
All of a sudden, Trump becomes the POOR Man. How insanely wealthy Bloomberg is.
I agree that I doubt he'd be electable as president, but that it would be interesting to see him run. Trump is already thought to have less money than he claims, but it would be a nice contrast with someone far wealthier, but far less show-offy.

Old 10-24-2018, 05:31 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,597,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WithDisp View Post
Had Bernie Sanders run the Democratic Ticket, quite likely he'd have won.

I don't think people outside of New York State even know what an 'Ethnic Italian' is.

Frankly, it's Bloombergs' height and stage presence that would harm him.

Didn't care for him as Mayor. Would be interesting to see him run up against Trump though.
All of a sudden, Trump becomes the POOR Man.

How insanely wealthy Bloomberg is.
There are Italians all over the country, I don't think the average person views them any differently from other white people. Joe Manchin is Italian and he is a US Senator for West Virginia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City