Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 09:42 PM

16,083 posts, read 6,848,003 times

Advertisements

Thank goodness this person was captured without anybody getting hurt.
The irony that it takes one irrational individual to bring the masses to think rationally.
A lesson for all to learn.

Think before you speak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2018, 11:20 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Thank goodness this person was captured without anybody getting hurt.
The irony that it takes one irrational individual to bring the masses to think rationally.
A lesson for all to learn.

Think before you speak.
And how did he make the masses think rationally? This may worse things, especially if someone does actually attack a politician of either party. This has the potential to get very ugly.

Old 10-28-2018, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
And how did he make the masses think rationally? This may worse things, especially if someone does actually attack a politician of either party. This has the potential to get very ugly.

Absolutely correct.
I think all politicians are meeting with the media for the need to scale back quickly.

At the same time this could have been viewed as a social experiment by others
to see how long it took to influence the masses.

Old 10-29-2018, 10:35 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times
Quote:
Absolutely correct.
I think all politicians are meeting with the media for the need to scale back quickly.

At the same time this could have been viewed as a social experiment by others
to see how long it took to influence the masses.
Do you knowledge, real, living human beings are hurt by this? Like the people murdered in the synagogue? Or like the murderer who killed two black people at a supermarket, when he was unable to enter a Black church?

Please tell us what the social experiment is.

Some of you really need to be ashamed of yourselves.

This is all going to get much worse, but hey I guess it's what some of you like.

Old 10-29-2018, 11:23 AM

137 posts, read 138,450 times
hmmm.....so this is how that side of the isle is expecting to drive middle-class whites to the polls (while low-middle/working class get the same social intolerance drum to beat on their way to the polls). It's a ploy because this time of the year is legislatively is the omnibus budget. the republicans will float the tax cut knowing that it's an up or down vote allowed for the budget.

but that as it may here is my very working-class republican response for this alleged middle-class tax cut ... Whose going to pay for it. Better yet how much is the middle-class/working class paying for last year's 'tax cut'.

Quote:
President Donald Trump announced there will be a vote prior to the November 6 primary
of a 10% tax cut to all middle income earners. A middle income earning falls between $39,000 and $118,000
where the average across the nation is $59,000. It also breaks down state by state. The middle income earner average
in New York falls between $50,000 and $59,000. President Trump is keeping his promise and trying to help this class of people
that drives the New York City and the rest of the country's economy. Keep your fingers crossed for this hopeful and much needed good news.

Old 10-30-2018, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipHopSays View Post
hmmm.....so this is how that side of the isle is expecting to drive middle-class whites to the polls (while low-middle/working class get the same social intolerance drum to beat on their way to the polls). It's a ploy because this time of the year is legislatively is the omnibus budget. the republicans will float the tax cut knowing that it's an up or down vote allowed for the budget.

but that as it may here is my very working-class republican response for this alleged middle-class tax cut ... Whose going to pay for it. Better yet how much is the middle-class/working class paying for last year's 'tax cut'.

The same way the poor pay for all there free bees......c'mon man you know the deal.
Kick the can down the road. First the poor ( of any color ),then the middle class ( of any color )
........until you run out of road.

Old 10-30-2018, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Do you knowledge, real, living human beings are hurt by this? Like the people murdered in the synagogue? Or like the murderer who killed two black people at a supermarket, when he was unable to enter a Black church?

Please tell us what the social experiment is.

Some of you really need to be ashamed of yourselves.

This is all going to get much worse, but hey I guess it's what some of you like.

Agreed. I would like to know also. I have learned over the years to trust
less of what I hear and read and trust more of what is actually accomplished.
There is so much truth into the old saying " Seeing is believing ".
In this case of multiple murder where it all boils down to a mental issue,
the question remains why are there too many mentally ill people in the general
population. The " prescribed medicine " that allows them to function is not working.
The world is not perfect but in order to treat the problem one must first recognize,
address it, and finally make adjustments to perfection. I see that there needs to be
much fine tuning when it comes to those in this wide spectrum diagnosed as mentally
ill. Much more than medicine is needed. Until then sick people like this give more the
reason to remain armed and protect oneself and family.

Old 10-30-2018, 07:51 AM

3,402 posts, read 3,576,183 times
Is this some kind of joke that I am not getting? smh....

Old 10-30-2018, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybklyn View Post
Is this some kind of joke that I am not getting? smh....

The higher the bird flies the less you can recognize the bird.

Old 11-14-2018, 09:35 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
Quote:
President Donald Trump announced there will be a vote prior to the November 6 primary
of a 10% tax cut to all middle income earners. A middle income earning falls between $39,000 and $118,000
where the average across the nation is $59,000. It also breaks down state by state. The middle income earner average
in New York falls between $50,000 and $59,000. President Trump is keeping his promise and trying to help this class of people
that drives the New York City and the rest of the country's economy. Keep your fingers crossed for this hopeful and much needed good news.
To the bolded, turns out Trump failed. This never happened. This "last minute" gimmick tax cut before midterms that Trump talked about.....it never happened.

As we all thought, it was just a last-minute desperation tactic to lie about some middle-class tax cut to get his base fired up.

There wasn't even a vote on it. Just wanted to update this thread and hold Donald Trump accountable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: