Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 12:09 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,717,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
If you come into some money. How bout this? Shut your trap.

So far, I really like how this winner from Harlem is playing it

The woman from Iowa on the other hand, while I love she’s starting a foundation for a child that lived a day, the worst part about it is, she’s national news and greedy canniving folk are gonna come out of the woodwork for a handout. She should be able to enjoy her money, comfortably, however she wants
funny how a wall street guy or CEO of a Fortune 500 company earns more than that and nobody ever comes to bother them. It's the notion of easy come easy go that attracts the parasites
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2018, 01:23 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,766,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
He's just angry about the broken dream of winning the lottery. Just think of it like little Timmy staying up late on December 24th and then uncle Fred bursting in drunk telling him to go to bed because there's no Santa Claus...
lol!

Old 11-10-2018, 01:29 PM

31,909 posts, read 26,970,741 times
Quote:
He's just angry about the broken dream of winning the lottery. Just think of it like little Timmy staying up late on December 24th and then uncle Fred bursting in drunk telling him to go to bed because there's no Santa Claus...

Lotteries have always been for suckers. They represent one of the biggest taking of funds from easy marks any government can pull off outside of taxation.

You notice there is constant media about lottery winners on almost a weekly basis; that is to keep the punters in the game. You won't get huge or very large pots if people don't play, so the beast must be fed.

No, by and large wealthy and or better off persons don't get involved with lotteries. They may buy a ticket or whatever when there is a large pot and or some other one off, but otherwise they have better things to do; like earn.

Lotteries are what they largely always have been, a game run on the great masses of poor and or desperate with "dreams".

Old 11-11-2018, 12:16 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,886,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Lotteries have always been for suckers. They represent one of the biggest taking of funds from easy marks any government can pull off outside of taxation.

You notice there is constant media about lottery winners on almost a weekly basis; that is to keep the punters in the game. You won't get huge or very large pots if people don't play, so the beast must be fed.

No, by and large wealthy and or better off persons don't get involved with lotteries. They may buy a ticket or whatever when there is a large pot and or some other one off, but otherwise they have better things to do; like earn.

Lotteries are what they largely always have been, a game run on the great masses of poor and or desperate with "dreams".
You sound bitter

Like a lottery winner ran over your hopes and dreams with a 18 wheeler Mack truck

Old 11-11-2018, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
You sound bitter

Like a lottery winner ran over your hopes and dreams with a 18 wheeler Mack truck

Who do I sound bitter?

Did not say there was anything remotely bad (other than lotteries themselves being for punters), about those who love the things. I happen to have better things to do with my time and or money than gamble. If I did the tables at Vegas or Atlantic City offer better odds than pi$$ing money away at lotteries, especially when the pot is high and everyone and their mother is buying five, ten or more tickets.

Some you just don't know, and really ought to ask somebody/do some research.

Lotteries are nothing more than legalized gambling by the state for the punters. They dole out hopes and dreams ( "hey, you never know"), while the state rakes it in. If Tony Soprano and his crew run a numbers game it is illegal, but the state can do so even though they pretty much all are after same target demographic.

Old 11-13-2018, 08:20 AM

All gambling is a loser's game. To risk money on an event to which you have no control is a fool's game over the long run. And yes the government is Tony Soprano with the lottery. It's bad enough they lie about the jackpot by falsely doubling the advertised number (25-30 year payout option), and even worse that for every dollar spent by people they only put 33 cents into the jackpot, but then they HAVE THE BALLS TO TAX YOU on it at 40%+.

(example: for a "$100M" jackpot the government makes $240M and the winner takes home $30M)

Sorry I misspoke about the government being like Tony Soprano.... they are actually much worse.

Old 11-13-2018, 05:48 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,886,510 times
UP!

He will be revealed on Wednesday

NEW YORK - The New York Lottery will reveal the identity of the winner of the state's largest lotto jackpot on Wednesday.

The winner of the $343.8 million Powerball jackpot will be introduced during a ceremony in Jamaica, Queens.

All that is known so far is that it's a man from Harlem who bought the winning ticket at West Harlem Deli at 2040 5th Avenue and East 126th Street and matched all six numbers in the October 27th drawing.

One other winning ticket was sold in the $687.8 million Powerball jackpot, with a woman from Iowa claiming her share of the prize last week.

The winning numbers were 8, 12, 13, 19 and 27, and Powerball 4.

https://abc7ny.com/amp/finance/power...mpression=true

Old 11-13-2018, 06:17 PM

It's a weird coincidence but I'm actually a close relative of this winner too. He's going to be so happy to meet me!

Old 11-13-2018, 06:30 PM

Quote:
It's a weird coincidence but I'm actually a close relative of this winner too. He's going to be so happy to meet me!

I just can't with you today!

Old 11-13-2018, 06:59 PM

1,660 posts, read 1,209,955 times
Quote:
i know the lottery winner too; he sexually harassed me 35 years ago at a party!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City