U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2018, 06:22 AM

5 posts, read 9,085 times

Advertisements

I took exam #6600 for Station Agent, My List Number is #90
After going through the pre-employment process and taking my urine test, I was told i was waiting for the next available class. (Training class I'm guessing) I was told to call the office on Livingston every week to make sure I would be placed on the list for The Class for October 8th, 2018. Eventually, I was told the class was postponed, and to keep calling for the next date and for them to establish a list for the next class. I've been calling twice and week and getting the same answer," We still don't have a date for the next class, Our department does not know when they plan on establishing a list for the next class". My urine test expires at the end of this month (90 Days), and I'm really discouraged at this point. Im worried that there may be some kind of freeze on this position. IDK, Has anyone experienced this long of a wait waiting for a MTA training class?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2018, 06:47 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,191,385 times
It's a government job....hiring can take a long time, depends on when there is money in the budget for the job.

Old 01-29-2019, 12:12 AM

2 posts, read 3,877 times
I agree with you with respects to calling you in for a prescreening and not calling you in within the 3 months expiration of your urine submission. I have received my request letter to come in for my prescreening as well but I am in Georgia and I don't want to have to keep coming back and forth to take another urine test and have to wait another 3 months every time. My father also works for MTA NYC Transit and he informed me that President Andy Byford has put a freeze on all hiring due to funding deficiencies. Someone should change this practice cause it is not right to make people wait for opportunities that they may be looking forward to.

Old 02-06-2019, 09:15 PM

1 posts, read 1,836 times
Hello

I took the station agent Exam in 2015. Now, I received a letter saying that MTA is considering me for the full-time position. How smooth is it to move around from station agent position to different positions within MTA? I just have completed bachelor's degree in Accounting. Can I move into accounting or Finance department within MTA? Please, please.... if anyone knows ...anything about that respond to my inquiry.

Old 02-08-2019, 04:36 PM

2 posts, read 3,877 times
Job opportunities are almost endless and some promotions pay more than those with Master Degrees.... Just Saying.

Old 02-08-2019, 05:47 PM

4,491 posts, read 3,874,958 times
how much is the salary for this?

Old 03-07-2019, 04:18 AM

5 posts, read 9,085 times
The salary starts at about $46K - and caps out at $70K in 5 years. I finally did get called back in for final processing and my classes start in April. Blessings to everyone who got their letters.

Old 03-14-2019, 09:43 AM

1 posts, read 831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciarashani View Post
The salary starts at about $46K - and caps out at $70K in 5 years. I finally did get called back in for final processing and my classes start in April. Blessings to everyone who got their letters.
Hello I went in on Feb, 2019 for pre-employment and did my drug test and they told me look for an email within 4 to 90 days. I have not gotten any feedback as yet. Did you get the call back after medical or you didn't do medical.

Old 04-16-2019, 04:24 PM

1 posts, read 234 times
I was told the next class is in may, I also went in feb for my pre-employment and drug test and I still waiting for a email or letter to let me know when my training will start. I heard they can tell you up until the day before the class start, My drug test expire in may. If there anyone in training do you have a idea of when the next class will start and what the hours of the class you in now??

Old Today, 12:35 AM

1 posts
Hi
I also went in for the drug/urine test in Feb. Still waiting for ... Anything. Is the wait up to three months or it can be more than that?? Just wondering if they have disqualified me already?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or