Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2018, 04:21 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,183,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
Those runners do their 26 miles over the boros. But they reside in midtown for the weekend. They we pre running? Cops closed so many streets this morning.

I drive in on the weekends cause the train sucks. 26 mi door to door vs 45 minutes on the train. Comfort over convenience on my "last day of the week."

For those that dont know, outer borough folks have a car and like to use it.
I don't reside in midtown for the weekend.
So try again and blame it on someone else.

Also you choose to live where you live, have a car and to go to Manhattan on a weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2018, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Maybe if he got good parking tho. It could be worth it.
HaHa

The OP is funny cause they one lives in a major city that does all sort of special events. So what, gonna ***** about the 5th Ave parades, Thanksgiving day parade, Times SQ NYE, NYC Marathon, Fireworks on the 4th, etc etc etc...You are truly living in the wrong city.

Old 11-03-2018, 06:10 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,019,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Wow. The 7 is working fine with all that wind. Impressive.
I'm not going anywhere near it.
I returned home before all the wind started. So who knows.

Old 11-03-2018, 06:13 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,019,973 times
Quote:
Those runners do their 26 miles over the boros. But they reside in midtown for the weekend. They we pre running? Cops closed so many streets this morning.

I drive in on the weekends cause the train sucks. 26 mi door to door vs 45 minutes on the train. Comfort over convenience on my "last day of the week."

I just looked it up and apparently all those streets were closed for a pre-marathon "Race to the Finish" so I guess one race in a weekend is not enough for all those crazy runners.

https://www.nyrr.org/races-and-event...arathon-sunday

Old 11-03-2018, 06:15 PM

13,972 posts, read 13,740,411 times
Quote:

Quote:
Traffic suxxs ash today in Manhattan. I paid the toll,only yo get screwed for 45 minutes,driving in a loop.

Close 42st at third avenue? Kidding me! 4 lanes closed for nothing. Then I get to 47st to go crosstown, to be redirected north.

Marathon is tomorrow, Sunday, not today, but me and every other motorist go to where they need to go very late.

All I can say now is,to the runners "break a leg"
Why would you drive to Midtown Manhattan with crazy cab drivers, bus drivers, pedestrian running through traffic, $10 hourly rate parking

Old 11-03-2018, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
I just looked it up and apparently all those streets were closed for a pre-marathon "Race to the Finish" so I guess one race in a weekend is not enough for all those crazy runners.

https://www.nyrr.org/races-and-event...arathon-sunday
Oh looks like they changed the course for this small race, it used to be in Central Park.
NYRR is a corrupt organization...trying to capitalize as much as they can off the marathon. They do the small distances for the family and friends so they too can be involved.
I've been doing the marathon for YEARS and it never used to be all about the money and advertising....

But to anyone that complains tomorrow about the marathon, I will salut you with the Big middle finger. It's my one day a year I get to run the streets of the city without having to worry about being ran over my cars, bikes and scooters.

Old 11-03-2018, 09:44 PM

3,857 posts, read 3,114,913 times
I respect the marathon and all the other events,all for the greatest city in the world puts on these events. But,when I'm not expecting it,in addition to everything else is going on,it bites a big one.

I'm a semi pro biker and a veteran of riding these streets, so no rookie here.

I been driving in the city 20 + years, and know my parking slots. Besides, my employer rate for parking is $15 for 12 hours. Beats the subway,even though I pay more. Comfy seat,no bad odors and noise, in stereo . Its worth the trouble.

Yes ,outer boro gets to have a car, i would also get some jetskis if i had the space.

Old 11-04-2018, 11:51 AM

265 posts, read 140,083 times
No rest for the weary. No rest for the plebs of society. The Marathon and other city sponsored events are elitist events that hold no consideration for the mass majority of the public who work regular jobs for a living. Screw them and their bullshale.

Old 11-04-2018, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosenza View Post
No rest for the weary. No rest for the plebs of society. The Marathon and other city sponsored events are elitist events that hold no consideration for the mass majority of the public who work regular jobs for a living. Screw them and their bullshale.
I respectfully say *********!

Old 11-04-2018, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
True

I gave Reps.
D*amn 7th as a life long NY-er you know big events are what makes the city what it is. You're growing soft. Time to move to Idaho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City