Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2018, 04:55 PM

2,691 posts, read 4,317,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakanda18 View Post
Google just announced more jobs in the west village. They are building a 12 story new campus
Interesting but not at all surprising. Apparently the Google expansion creates space for 20,000 employees in NYC.

I guess we’re waiting now for Facebook’s and Apple’s NYC expansion announcements...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2018, 05:04 PM

36,986 posts, read 39,017,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8Str8 View Post
The Islanders arena is being built just over the boarder from Queens Village. The Islanders community outreach has been good. They've been coming into the local park by my house and holding hockey clinics for the local children. I heard they'll be having concerts at the arena as well. I just hope people come into Queens Village and support our local businesses. Hopefully, Hempstead ave gets cleaned up a bit. Regardless, I think the Islanders are going to be good neighbors.
Yea, I think so, too. Since they’re planning on operating this all year round on the opening of the arena, I hope they figure out a plan to extend LIRR past the Belmont terminal and connect to other LIRR branches.

Last edited by OyCrumbler; 11-08-2018 at 05:46 PM..

Old 11-08-2018, 06:12 PM

294 posts, read 262,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Yea, I think so, too. Since they’re planning on operating this all year round on the opening of the arena, I hope they figure out a plan to extend LIRR past the Belmont terminal and connect to other LIRR branches.
I heard it's in the plan to reopen the Belmont station. My coworkers who live in Elmont are happy about this.

Old 11-08-2018, 09:58 PM

16,200 posts, read 22,969,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jad2k View Post
Interesting but not at all surprising. Apparently the Google expansion creates space for 20,000 employees in NYC.

I guess we’re waiting now for Facebook’s and Apple’s NYC expansion announcements...
You forgot Microsoft.

Old 11-09-2018, 07:41 AM

4,646 posts, read 4,521,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jad2k View Post

Sure, while we're at it, why not have Netflix take over the Citi building? Replace the logo so that all the 7 riders are reminded of what's waiting for them when they get home.

Old 11-09-2018, 11:35 AM

453 posts, read 315,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
I wonder if the money will suddenly be found to build a little pedestrian bridge from Hunters Point South Park to Greenpoint over Newtown Creek. One evening I was sitting near the little workout area at the new HPS Park checking on my phone to see where the nearest place was to pick up a few grocery items. Turns out the closest place was a little store in Greenpoint -- the problem was that I would have had to swim to get there!

While it's true that there's already the Pulaski bridge, it isn't pleasant to walk over and doesn't connect the waterfront areas. I think connecting the high-end waterfront area of LIC (bottom part of hunters point south park) to Greenpoint where they are already building massive high-end condos would make sense as part of this project.
thats waterway, cannot be blocked by a low bridge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City