Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 01:50 PM

60 posts, read 58,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Meanwhile, the abandonment of US cities didn’t go to complete hell in a handbasket because immigrants who didn’t know any better settled urban neighborhoods that had been continuously left for dead such as the previously empty and much vacated downtown Flushing.
Agreed, look at the property values in Sunset Park and Bensonhurst. They have skyrocketed since the Chinese migrated in. And the yuppies have followed into Sunset Park.

I have high hopes for Sheepshead Bay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2018, 02:13 PM

2,751 posts, read 2,421,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrannyLouBlvd View Post
Ask Europe if it's a problem that they've been overrun with immigrants from the Middle East. If you continue to just let in immigrants in droves from one country, guess what? You get that country!

Stop the nonsense about middle America and euros. They've been here hundreds of years now and are the foundation of America. We no longer need immigrants at all (other to do odd jobs). American cities are falling apart (ironically while Asia continues to build).
One of the most low IQ comments I've read on this site.

Old 11-28-2018, 03:27 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,600,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicep20 View Post
Agreed, look at the property values in Sunset Park and Bensonhurst. They have skyrocketed since the Chinese migrated in. And the yuppies have followed into Sunset Park.

I have high hopes for Sheepshead Bay.
Chinese interest in a neighborhood is not the same as yuppie or hipster interest. Neither of the latter will be interested in Sheepshead Bay or Bensonhurst

Old 11-28-2018, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
Chinese interest in a neighborhood is not the same as yuppie or hipster interest. Neither of the latter will be interested in Sheepshead Bay or Bensonhurst
I have hope. I am thinking 10 years out - 2028.

Old 11-28-2018, 04:15 PM

Especially with the transformation happening in Coney Island's entertainment district. Sheepshead Bay is a 5 minute drive and a 10 minute train ride.

Old 11-28-2018, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicep20 View Post
I have hope. I am thinking 10 years out - 2028.
Wealtht Chinese people like Sheepshead Bay and Bensonhurst because they can buy single family houses and be around their people. Those neighborhoods don't have much appeal to hipsters, who prefer grittier neighborhoods with more of an arts scene and proximity to lower Manhattan and North Brooklyn.

And wealthy hipsters/yuppies would much rather by a brownstone or limestone than a mediocre looking Southern Brooklyn house

Old 11-28-2018, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Wealtht Chinese people like Sheepshead Bay and Bensonhurst because they can buy single family houses and be around their people.

Just a note. Sheepshead Bay has mostly 2 family row houses. But condos are popping up almost everywhere.

You won't take away my hope I will never give up on Manhattan Beach and Coney Island during the summer.

Last edited by Bicep20; 11-28-2018 at 05:09 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 11-28-2018, 05:04 PM

37,148 posts, read 39,404,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrannyLouBlvd View Post
History lesson. Almost half of all US presidents have Irish ancestry. Ya gabone.
Oh interesting. So are you saying that the massive fears over Irish immigration and the poverty and crime they’re supposed to have brought and their culture that was at the time known to be completely incompatible with the American way of life seemingly ended up okay? Or is half of all US presidents having Irish ancestry a warning sign that Irish immigration was more insidious than anyone at the time could have even imagined?

Old 11-28-2018, 06:37 PM

3,960 posts, read 3,598,773 times
Quote:
Bay Ridge is pretty comparable to Bushwick/Ridgewood already in terms of rent.

Marine Park is just not gonna happen with that crowd.
Bay Ridge is not as expensive as Bushwick. And talk about far...

Marine Park doesn't even have subway access

Old 11-28-2018, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshanarose View Post
Bay Ridge is not as expensive as Bushwick. And talk about far...

Marine Park doesn't even have subway access
1 bedrooms seem to start at around 1800 in both neighborhoods, give or take.

And yeah, exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City