Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 07:55 PM

34,035 posts, read 47,252,748 times

Advertisements

The Rockaways.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2018, 08:29 PM

90 posts, read 71,780 times
Whenever someone talks about Asians, FrannyLouBlvd goes on a racist tangent.

According to this person, "Flushing is a very, very dirty, disgusting low rent filthy pig stye. A real shame to older Flushing residents."

When he says older Flushing residents, he means white people because "Asians" are recent immigrants who speak no English. Too bad he doesn't realize that Whitestone, Bayside, Utopia, Fresh Meadows is mostly Asians but isn't dirty. Flushing is dirty is being it's crowded and urban with many developments just like how Manhattan will be dirtier than a suburb in Long Island. Too bad you can't argue with a middle aged racist white male.

And the best neighborhood in NYC is Forest Hills.

Old 12-06-2018, 11:14 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,522,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrannyLouBlvd View Post
The mods on this board have quick trigger fingers when calling people racists, but your statement above is fully accurate and based on years of actual fact. At one point, Flushing was a nice mix but has since completely been invaded by mainland Chinese. So, you now basically have a town that looks like mainland China, which is a very, very dirty, disgusting low rent filthy pig stye. A real shame to older Flushing residents.
true, but it's still very safe. just crowded and dirty.

Old 12-06-2018, 11:23 PM

3,559 posts, read 2,396,143 times
Brownsville, High Bridge & Edgemere.

Old 12-07-2018, 02:02 AM

127 posts, read 109,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbleboom View Post
Whenever someone talks about Asians, FrannyLouBlvd goes on a racist tangent....

And the best neighborhood in NYC is Forest Hills.
Yeah, Flushing Downtown meant to be noisy, dirty and very crowded. It is a very dense commercial urban area. It is packed with retailed stores, restaurants, bakeries, malls, hotels, supermarkets and many bus stops. When I was in there, I felt as if I were walking on Fifty Ave, very crowed filled with tourists.

He can move to Maspeth or Astoria if he don't like crowded urban places. It feels like a small town. A lot of Greek, German, Italian, Irish, Japanese, Polish and other European immigrants are living there. They are pretty nice and respectful too.

My favorite neighborhood is Roosevelt Avenue, Queens. Probably the most diverse places in the world, in term of ethnicity.

Old 12-07-2018, 05:59 AM

16,028 posts, read 6,834,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javawood View Post
Forest Hills is still my favorite, particularly the Gardens area. Upper West Side north of Lincoln Center I enjoy a lot, especially in that Manhattan Valley area and the lower part where you see all of those old converted townhouses. Park Slope and Brooklyn Heights are great. West Village and Greenwich Village are still pretty.
You have also mentioned beautiful parts of the city.
Forest Hills Gardens is a masterpiece in terms of architectural layout.
All others have that old world charm that is hard to beat.

Old 12-07-2018, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
The Rockaways.

Love the Rockaways.
My final years of employment were spent there.
Amazed how the value of real estate can change just by crossing the street.
It is the tossed salad of home ownership.
From bungalows to colonials to high rises and housing projects.
My favorite area is in the proximity of 116 st.

Old 12-07-2018, 06:04 AM

43,631 posts, read 44,355,249 times
In Queens, Forest Hills and Forest Hills Gardens.

In Brooklyn, Brooklyn Heights and second place Park Slope.

In Manhattan, I like the Upper East Side.

Old 12-07-2018, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrannyLouBlvd View Post
Any neighborhood within the confines of the 111 pct in NE Queens. We have Long Island beaches 20 minute East and midtown Manhattan 20 minutes West. We have the best school system and safest neighborhoods by a country mile. No hipsters, no 3rd world trash, no uber rich transients, and if any of the "usual suspects" try to swing by for a crime or two our cops are right on them.

North Eastern Queens is beautiful especially those along the Nassau border.
Beautiful homes surrounded by ample property.

Old 12-07-2018, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshanarose View Post
My favorite borough is Brooklyn.
My favorite neighborhood in Brooklyn is the Kings Highway area of Midwood/Gravesend.
I love the ethnic/immigrant and lively feel, great shopping, nice energy.
It's also very safe/low-crime which I appreciate

In Queens I really like Forest Hills, it's so clean and green and semi-suburban in a way, yet it also has a lively shopping strip.

In Manhattan I like Morningside Heights the most. It's like a more academic, more folksy, more neighborhood-feel version of the Upper West Side.

Morningside Heights is one of my favorite spots in all of NYC.
I enjoyed all homes off Broadway from 120's down to the campus.
Simply wonderful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City