Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2018, 09:09 AM

90 posts, read 71,744 times

Advertisements

Ozone Park by Grant Avenue station. You can visit the Hole and find the mysterious fabled 76th street station. And visit the rural south in Dumont Avenue and 76th street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2018, 09:19 AM

2,691 posts, read 4,328,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshanarose View Post
I agree: downtown Brooklyn, Prospect Heights, Fort Greene, and Clinton Hill all have nice aspects to their neighborhoods: great shopping,cultural institutions (the Brooklyn Museum, the Brooklyn Central Library, Brooklyn Academy of Music).
Clinton Hill has some beautiful architecture, and Pratt Institute for art.

The Franklin Avenue stop in Bed Stuy has some nice shopping, cafes,and restaurants, and again, beautiful brownstone architecture. It's gentrifying.

Further on down the A/C line, Richmond Hill and Ozone Park are on the A/C line I believe and I understand they are nice,diverse,and relatively safe neighborhoods.
I agree. I personally love Ft Greene close to Downtown BK (Fulton St Stop). Good shopping, dining and entertainment options.

The Bed Stuy Franklin Ave Stop is the poster child for “its gentrifying”. You have the liquor store with the bullet proof glass and scruffy looking dudes standing outside of it across the street from two “Gentry targeted” restaurants which is a few doors down from the Crown Fried Chicken which is near the two “Gentry targeted” bars...And of course you have the coffee shop next to the bodega that has recently renovated itself as an “organic market”.

Old 12-20-2018, 06:18 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ping322 View Post
Don't live by the Broadway Junction stop. The neighborhood is terrible. Nothing interesting there. Terrible / few places to eat. Grocery store desert. Blah!
That's up for debate

And its not a grocery store desert. There are multiple grocery stores in the area: https://www.yelp.com/search?find_des...lyn%2C+NY&ns=1

I actually haven't seen any true grocery store deserts in NYC.

Old 12-22-2018, 07:48 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,307,745 times
Dumbo, Boerum Hill, and Fort Greene.

Old 12-23-2018, 06:39 AM

37,123 posts, read 39,337,475 times
Brooklyn Heights off of the High Street stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City